What Are We Growing This Year?

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Took my camera outside this morning and found that my bell pepper plant from last year is still producing this year...and for the first year our young fig tree is finally blooming with some figs. I'm sure the birds will get them before we do...but at least it's good to see some figs for a change. :)

IMG_2823.JPG IMG_2832.JPG IMG_2833.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

The only thing continuing to survive this heat are my okra plants. So far, almost half a gallon and still producing. Would like to freeze a gallon of okra by end of August.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We've had temperatures above eighty here in Maine, which is nearly unbearable (I am joking, I'm sure you'll realize when you remember that I lived in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas for more than twenty years), and I have had to hose down the rhubarb a few times a day because the leaves would wilt otherwise. Normally, I don't have to water anything here.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"What Are We Growing This Year?"

Me? It's hair! Past year or so, hair is sprouting out, dark, black, on wrists, belly. Never had much body hair, and light-colored at that. Scary, as it may be a symptom of serious malfunction, Thyroid, maybe? OTOH, it's kinda nice after a lifetime of embarrassed appearance before peers in the pool in high school, honchos looking like gorillas at the beach, women seeking forests of "manly" hair. I made up for the lack of it, though, as one little and forward lady in Churubusco, Indiana could tell you.

So, should I ask the Dr? I think testosterone is also involved in hair, but it's levels are OK, AFAIK.

Is this "off-thread"?

Frank