What About Thread-views?

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Yvonne Smith, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I look at the different topics , it shows at the beginning, two different numbers. I am assuming that thiese are the number of threads in the topic, and then number of posts in the topic.
    Some forums also show a number for how many people have looked at a thread. For instance, a thread might have had only 10 posts; but 100 views of the thread.
    Sometimes, this would be normal, as in when someone posts a joke or story that we read; but there is not much conversation about it.

The reason that I am inquiring , is that I always notice that we have guests on here viewing threads, but of course, they are not posting anywhere unless they decide to join. I was thinking that whatever they are most looking at might show us what topics are generating interest on the internet for this forum.
    I realize that different ones would come here from different searches; but it would be interesting to know which threads seem to be the most interesting to the "lookers".
    Does the information that you get as a forum owner show these statistics ?

Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you click into any of the sub-forums in the forum, you will see a list of threads. Under each of these, you can view the number of replies and the number of views that the thread has garnered. The first listing will only show you the threads that you haven't already viewed. Click on "Recent Posts" to view all of the threads in the sub-forums, from the most recent to the least recent.