What A Tragic Society We Live In, Our Children Teeth Are On Edge

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Marie Mallery, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Well seems one of my granddaughter's made the news in small town paper. She is an addict, and she was trespassing and resisting arrest.
    We have 13 grown grandkids but 2 seem to want to destroy their lives and hurt us doing so. She was raised in a good home with Christian parents. Her addiction started off with dental pain pills. She has always been wild and cost her parents 10's of 1000's of $'s in treatment centers. It is so hard to deal with this, you don not stop loving them just because they keep ruining their lives. But you do have to let them go or they will destroy all involved.,
    I'm not just blaming the government but why so many drugs being welcomed into this nation?

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Because of the law of supply and demand. If people weren't buying them, they wouldn't be smuggled in.

So sorry about your granddaughter, Marie. It seems that some people are just determined to ruin their own lives and it is heartbreaking for their families.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

I do understand what your saying because I agree and have said the sajme thing but I do believe that it makes it easier to get addicted for the young, this is nothing new she has been doing drugs since high school and she is now 34.
    Here is a picture of her and her 4 kids when she was doing ok " again" 2 and 1/2 years ago. My daughter just got $13,000 charged on her CC for contempt of court when she didn't show last week.
    I'm hoping she will be put in prison so she can't do anymore damage to herself or keep her kids in turmoil all the time. They cry for her all the time, ,ages 4-6-8 and 10.

[​IMG]

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, truly sorry to hear about your granddaughter, Marie. Some young folks get pushed into drugs by friends they shouldn't have. Many want to be accepted. Until they've "gone too far", they just think it's fun and/or takes away the pain. Addiction is not fun and neither is "resisting arrest".

We have a great-niece that changed quite a bit after her discharge from the Army..........quite a bit! We have another great-niece that was raised with a very Christian family, but, now in her second year of college, is beginning to show some "wild" ways.

We have a meth problem in the city we live in, as well as a homeless problem. The more young folks move here, the worse the meth problem gets. The meth problem isn't high everywhere and we hope to find a small populated city where it's not a major problem to move to.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

One of my best friends has a son who is the same way. He's in his mid-40's and has been a druggie train wreck since a teenager. After years of heartbreak his parents finally cut ties and he has lost everything... his house, his marriage, etc. He's currently in jail and they are leaving him there; he has been bailed out for the last time.

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

It is very frustrating and painful to know they just won't or quit their dangerous lifestyles.

Krystal Shay and John Brunner like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

I have to go to dentist so be back in a few hours, thanks yall for your concern.

8. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

What a beautiful picture of a beautiful young lady and children. I'm sorry about your daughter, Marie. :(

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, it's a pity when a family member goes down the wrong path. The parents/grandparents always think, "where did we go wrong?"

If I would've gone to live with my real dad, today I, most likely, would've been a full-blown alcoholic. Grades 8th thru 12th, I would've been living on top of a beer bar in a not-so-nice area of Houston, Texas with him and his 3rd wife.

But, instead, I was placed with loving step-parents on their hog farm in northeastern Indiana.

Marie Mallery and Ken Anderson like this.
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Marie Mallery - I can honestly say i feel your pain- been thru some of that with oldest kiddo. However, she has straightened up in her 50's the drugs, poverty and other factors took a big toll on her health,but she survived .and started her life over.
    I pray that you GD can do the same.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thank you, Krystal, it's my granddaughter but the first 5 stayed with us all summer every summer till the oldest was 13. After that they liked their friends more than nana and poppa. All knew better than to say they were bored, always had work to do, we did let them have fun too, took them to the beach all the time, roller skating and vacation trips.
    I always told them all, don't let your parents talk you into coming down if you don't want to come, don't stay, of course they always wanted to spend summer here instead of at home when parents worked.
    We taught them how to fish, skate, snorkel in the Florida Keys and one trip to snow ski. They had a great life, but two of the girls decided to ruin their lives. Other 11 grands, 3 girls and 7 boys are doing great,
    One of each of the daughter's girls really messed up.
    I think of the one in prison all the time, she got life will be in till she is 45. They Gare her 30 for armed robbery. For a while I thought we had a curse placed on us all. I'm glad the other 34 yo is in prison since she too had the help of everyone, and she is a miracle to be alive, they both hung out with druggies and became druggies.
    She was very smart and so talented. Not smart enough to stay off drugs, both insane about the one boy they couldn't leave alone since school.
    But those boys didn't have as good of start in life as they did so not blame them. Now both my daughters are raising kids in their 50s. The one in jail sent a letter to her sister a few years ago about us and life.

Krystal Shay likes this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Here is the letter she wrote to her siter about time spent with us.

[​IMG]

rest of letter,
    [​IMG]

Krystal Shay and Mary Stetler like this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Not one of our kids has ever as much got a dui or seen inside a jail so its not exactly a family tradition.
    They all 3 excelled in their lives.
    I Know my friend Elaine is tired of hearing about what has gone on. So I spill my guts here, ' as momma would have called it'. Don't want to bring it up top my daughters unless they want to talk.Like yesterday.

Krystal Shay and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  14. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

You will always love them, but you can't save them from themselves as hard as you might try. :( By the letter, She has some lovely memories she carries in her heart of spending time with you and your husband. :)

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

I understand and this is true and when I get weak hubby reminds me how dangerous it can be to associate with them trying to help. Addicts have dangerous friends and at times they too can be dangerous. Plus people in jail don't care much for keeping in touch with family, say it makes it harder to be away.

John Brunner and Krystal Shay like this.