Westminster Dog Show

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Bonnie Thomas, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Ruby Begonia and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Did any Dachshunds win?

3. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Now I wish I had my cable back!

Bonnie Thomas and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

In the olden days, we were attending dog shows and trying to decipher the criteria for winning. Our second dog which we called Epoy was from a lineage of champions. It was given to us by a breeder who joins dog shows. And because of that, dog shows caught our fancy. We would bring Epoy to those dog shows just for pictorial. However, we stopped going to those activities because dog shows here are normally held in non-airconditioned places so the heat is unbearable. And to think that Epoy is a pure pekingese with a thick coat that gives him difficulty in handling the hot weather.

But we still watch dog shows when they are shown on tv although that is a rare program here.

5. Bonnie Thomas

Registered

Tonight they will announce the winners Chrissy. .. the groups, and also Best in Show.

I don't get the channel anymore either Ruby, but I watched a few of the videos on that link above.

My neighbor, Scott Somers, is a dog handler in the show every year.. he shows several different breeds of dogs, among them the Bichon Frises. He won Best of Show with JR the Bichon in 2001. When JR retired he went to live at Scott's home, along with another years winner.
    I see in the videos above, that his bichon entry this year has won best in breed again. That guy has a magic touch.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw the promo all week. I love Kitten Bowl though to tell you the truth, better then the dog shows. They are beauties though at the dog show that they showed on the promo. 7 new breeds at the show video.

7. Bonnie Thomas

Registered

Beautiful animal .. I have no idea how you pick a 'best dog' when so many of them are perfect specimens of their breed.. :)

[​IMG]