We're Spending Christmas Here This Year

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Babs Hunt, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

http://www.countrycharmbandb.org/
    cache_949847751.jpg

It has been a rough past 6 months for my Family which has culminated in our not being able to spend Christmas as a Family together. I have been really sad about this but decided to put on "my big girl panties" and get over this.

In looking for an alternative way to spend Christmas I knew thaat whatever plans we made it had to not cause anymore added stress to our lives. My sisters wanted us to come down to Florida and have Christmas with them...but traveling down there during the Holidays would be very stressful on us. So that was out. But I still felt a change of scene would do us some good. So in searching around us for an alternative I found this sweet Bed and Breakfast that is not even an hour away from us and it has everything for a stress free and peaceful Christmas Holiday. I booked it for 4 nights including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. And my one daughter and 3 grandkids who can get together this year are welcome to come out and fish on the lake with us, and spend the day grilling and chilling.

I just finished booking the 2 bedroom Lake Side cottage and my spirits are picking up already. Sometimes change comes even though we don't want it to...but that's what Plan B is for. :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh what a wonderful little B&B Babs... I luuurve that.

I've just been discussing elsewhere that I would like to travel to the south of the USA, to find some old fashioned charm and welcoming people , and Louisiana was one of the places suggested to me.

I've just had a look at their website, and the prices are extremely reasonable...and the location is beautiful...I'd definitely consider staying there if I ever get to the USA..I do hope you have a wonderful relaxing time..

3. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt love it. I agree about the stress too. You look after yourself girl.

What many do not know is we recently lost my brother in law to the big C. It was so stressful last year going back to the UK. Seeing somebody deteriorate. We have decided to stay here.

I also have my best friend here at the front of my profile picture with terminal cancer too. She is the nicest, loveliest lady. Despite having bone and lung metastasis never complains.

A privilege to know.

Ina I. Wonder and Babs Hunt like this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks Holly. Yes, and we got the 2 bedroom for $40.00 less each night then the price you saw quoted. It's not busy during Christmas time so they added a Christmas present in the way of a very nice discount for us. :)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh fantastic Babs...wow!!

Babs Hunt likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

So sorry to hear about the loss of your brother-in-law Honey and the sad news about your best friend. Enjoy every moment you two have together and make some memories to cherish forever. I can definitely understand how painful it is to go back where everything reminds you of the loss of your brother-in-law too. I'm glad you and your husband found a place to live where y'all are at peace. :)

7. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

That's why I do not like conflict Babs. When We Iook back at the number of relatives we have both lost we count our blessings.

We have gotton very selfish now. We come first and then the people we cherish.

Thank you Babs. You take care girl. You are one of the good ones x

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh Nooo...HG I'm sorry I missed this post. :( what a horribly sad time you're having at the moment,...I don't know what to say HG, except sympathies on the loss of your B-i-l...and I'm sure your friend, in her awful dark days is just so happy to have you as her dearest friend.

Ina I. Wonder and Honey Gee like this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Honey Gee I'm sorry I typed brother instead of brother-in-law. It's been a long day! :) I'm glad you are taking care of yourself...at our age if we don't....no one else will. :)

Honey Gee likes this.
  10. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi both thanks so much.

I visit the forum to take my mind off things. It does help. To involve yourself in others lives is lovely. To read about others experiences and know we are all going through similar life's events

11. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

She is an amazing lady. We have only been friends for about 12 months. We constantly giggle and have fun. That's what she wants.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I am so excited right now! I just finished talking to my middle daughter who is the mother of 3 of our grandkids. It is her home that flooded and that will not be ready to move back into for Christmas. And as we usually do Christmas at her home....this just wasn't going to work this year. Neither can she have Christmas where her family is staying because they are staying with "angels" who will be needing their home to do Christmas with their side of the family. My oldest daughter did Thanksgiving at her home and does not want to hold Christmas there too. Our youngest will stay in Texas this Christmas since she has been here for almost 2 weeks now and will go home Sunday. Our cozy cottage will just not hold all of us. Added to all this is a bunch of stress everyone has been going through for many reasons...so we all had agreed just to put Christmas off until afer my daughter and her family were resettled back in their homes.

But this morning when my daughter called she asked me what we had decided to do for Christmas and I told her about the place we booked...and she asked if her family could come join us for the day on Christmas Eve and we would have our own celebration and open gifts. :) I told her that was fine, the kids can fish and play on those five acres and we all can enjoy the place. I am going to make a crawfish and shrimp stew, potato salad, and garlic bread. And I will order a Happy Birthday Jesus cake for our dessert.

I won't have all my Family this Christmas...but I will have some and now I am getting excited about Christmas! :)

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's funny how even Plan B doesn't work out sometimes. Here I thought I had where we would spend Christmas all figured out and then something comes along to change all that.

When my oldest daughter found out where we were spending Christmas, she decided she wanted to come meet us over there with her Family too. So I had to call the Bed and Breakfast Owners and ask if it was alright for them to come out and spend Christmas Eve day out there with us too. The Owners felt that would be to many children (they have antiques in all the rooms) and since it is their place to allow or disallow I had to think about what I wanted to do. The next morning I emailed the Owners and canceled our Reservations there.

I don't have a Plan C. And I don't know whether we will be spending Christmas anywhere but in our cozy little cottage. I've been kind of down about this and that's why I haven't been around on the Forum to much the past few days. I've decided not to try and make a Plan C but just to have faith and see what unfolds. Sometimes the best times happen when you least expect them too. Whether this happens or not...I know that "this to shall pass"....life just has a way of doing that. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Awh @Babs Hunt how awful.

I am confident a plan C will evolve. Your family will see to that.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you for your encouraging words @Honey Gee :)

Honey Gee likes this.