Weird Text (cellphone)

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Janice Martin, Jan 11, 2017.

1. I only have a minute but wanted to rush in and ask if anyone understands this:

I have 'below basic' cell phone. This has happened a few times before:
    phone went 'bip' (not usual alert), and when I looked at it the screen was white except where it said n/a.
    On the screen where it lists who texts are from, it just says 701-33.
    No idea what it means or where it came from- would anyone here know?

2. Augusta Heathbourne

Augusta Heathbourne Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi Janice - I just did a Google search on '701-33' and this information came up, along with a lot of other answers you can read if you Google it:

"SafeLink Wireless is currently leasing the non-vanity short code number 70133. The SafeLink Wireless short code 70133, is registered in the with the CSCA - Common Short Code Administration, as a standard rate short code, and is used in the Mobile Carrier industry.

For more information about the short code 70133, text the word "HELP" to 70133, or call their short code customer support telephone number at 1 (800) 867-7183. Did you receive a text message from 70133, and you want to opt-out? You can opt-out from receiving SafeLink Wireless text messages at anytime, simply replying to any message received from 70133, with the word "STOP""

So, I read it, but I have no idea what it means! Hope that helps.

Janice Martin likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I have an iPhone and I get short codes from Walgreens and Verizon and google when I need a verification code.

It's just a number instead of saying the sender is Walgreens or Verizon or google.

Think PG&E also uses a short code.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017