Weight Loss Challenge?

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Bill Boggs, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

@Nancy Hart I also weigh every day and I also count calories. I'm trying to figure it all
    out down in my diary, that is to say I'm thinking about a healthy grocery list.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Nancy Hart likes this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I wish I could do that. You are right about breads (and cakes, and pies, etc). I start out that way, but eventually they seem to sneak back into the house somehow. ;) At least I've finally done away with white bread for good. Thanks, Joy.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Registered

Yeah, I've quit white bread, er,er, well Rainbo bread and Sara Lee white. I am trying some
    sourdough from a bakery, a big sliced ball of a loaf. I havee cut out all sweets except I
    open a can of peches now and then, eat four slices of peaches wit a coujple of spoons of
    cottage cheese. The whole can of peaches is only 210 calories but my doc said that was
    too many at one setting. Maybe we'll get it all figured out, lose eight or ten pounds and sin
    no more for a while.:)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Nancy Hart

Registered

[​IMG]

Bill Boggs likes this.
  5. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

You can do IT, don't wish. I started over 10 yrs ago by buying only gluten free breads and didn't like them, too dense and heavy so said, stop it all together, don't bring them in the house. I'ts only me so I don't have to cater to anyone else and their wants...

When I go out for a fancy burger, I get a nice toasted bun but at home, NO WAY.

An MD I hear every week and he works with Prolotherapy and joints and that's the first thing he says to people who come to see him, "take the weight off"....Veggies, Protein, Good Fats, Water, and of course a sweet now and then but STOP with the refined cwap, I cringe when I think of the years of sweets I consumed. It's amazing I don't have diabetes but I guess it's not in my genes too.

Bobby Cole and Nancy Hart like this.
  6. Nancy Hart

Registered

My problem is, If I don't pay attention I will gain about 8 to 10 pounds a year. Somehow I can't pay attention. :confused:

As a result I have to do a "reset" at least once a year. I'm in reset mode, or restart, or reboot, whatever you want to call it, right now.

Bess Barber likes this.
  7. Joy Martin

Registered

Nancy!!, you use Can't, Wish, Don't a lot and from out here you gotta change the mind for things to work. It' all up to US to change and we can't wish that away.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  8. Nancy Hart

Registered

OK, here goes. I started Monday

June 3: Calories 860, morning weight 134.8
    June 4: Calories 930, " weight 134.2
    June 5: Calories 890, " weight 133.9
    June 6: Calories 880, " weight 132.6

Goal is 125. Not fooling myself. Weight drop to this point is meaningless. Just water weight, etc. Now comes the slow part.

9. Joy Martin

Registered

Nancy, you have, to me a good weight. Why is 125 a goal. I weighed that in my 20-30's and I'm 80 and have no desire to be there again. As we age, we need some fighting weight on our bodies. We never know what is going to "hit us"..in the way of an illness etc. I just feel strongly about sugars as cancer cells love sugar....who wants cancer.

Sounds like you are putting fright into your body. My thinking on it all.

Personally I don't count calories and don't weigh myself, have not owned a scale in decades. I know when I've put on some weight, feel it in clothes.

One thing I really keep on top of is elimination.

10. Nancy Hart

Registered

This is why I normally try to keep dieting a secret. My girl friend in Florida says she always gets the same reaction.

I just feel better at 125. Much more energy. Try carrying a 10 pound bag of sugar around with you all day and you will be able to tell the difference 10 lbs makes.

I could stay at 135, and take it easy, and lose muscle. Not a good alternative, imo.

Bill Boggs and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Losing weight every over weight person could tell you everything you need to do to lose weight. HA Ha
    It just does not work you can fight hard to lose weight only to put it back on plus another ten pounds.
    If you said I want to take in less oxygen, less sleep, or less water. You will probably fail.
    If you fight with your body you might win in a short time but overall you will lose
    You eat because the body needs nourishment and if you do not get it your body will say eat again and again. So the secret is to get nourishment the only way is to eat it, but if there is any problem with your digestion you’re not getting the nutrition even if you eat it.
    Nutrition some mineral deficiencies cause pica which cause people to eat.
    Most people I have seen tell me they have problem after it was pointed out sometimes they do not realize it.
    I personally lost 70 LBS without dieting I changed what I eat but I still was eating things like ice cream but no wheat products. I also took mega doses of vitamins and minerals. The weigh went away very rapidly.
    I knew people who were diabetic who straighten up their diet and took GTF chromium and now they are not diabetic and enjoy ice cream and candy with me.

Joy Martin likes this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Do you exercise Nancy ? That would shift the extra pounds easily. I have a set of pedals, can't use them much but
    I do me best, just to keep the weight I am and to help with circulation problems

Bobby Cole and Nancy Hart like this.
  13. Bill Boggs

Registered

June 8, 2019: Saturday Morning. Go to market day.
    Weight: 176.0
    Calories previous day- approximate: 1230
    Out with wife and son last night for
    dinner at Red Lobster. Calories a guess.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  14. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't do diets...but if I loose weight will let you know :)

15. Nancy Hart

Registered

Changing the calorie reporting from evening to morning, cause it's hard to tell when I'll stop eating. Could be 2 am.

June 7: AM weight 132.2, calories 860
    June 8: Weight 131.6

Yesterday was the end of "cabbage week." Boiled a whole head of cabbage on Monday and I've been eating some fried cabbage all week. :p

This will be "pinto bean week." ;) Last night I boiled a whole 1 lb bag of them with some chopped onions. Some may go in the freezer.

Bill Boggs and Yvonne Smith like this.