Weight Loss Challenge?

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Nancy Hart, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Would anyone be interested in joining in on a weight loss thread?

No rules about anything.. Just do your own thing. Let everyone know how it's going... daily, or whenever you feel like it.

I would like to lose at least 5 pounds (preferably 10, but I'm realistic :p). I've been at it for 4 days and thought I'd ask. It really helps to have a partner in misery sometimes.

2. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't diet, never have, but know what to CUT OUT of my intake and mouth.

I stopped buying and bringing breads into my house about 10 yrs ago. And have not had a bowl/plate of pasta if probably 10 yrs...I was born and raised on these two...Now at this late date, my body just stores them...Nope. Good Luck with what you are doing, Nancy.

Don Alaska and Nancy Hart like this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Veteran Member
    Registered

Yeah, I'd go along with that. I need to lose eight, ten, or twelve pounds to help my diabetes, heart condition, ego, and hard bed.
    Where do we do this?

Nancy Hart likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Greeter
    Moderator Registered

You can use this thread that you started, @Nancy Hart , or start a new one, if you prefer. Most of the diet threads on here are food-specific, like low-carb or DASH diet, , and if you are doing something that we already have a thread for, you can add into that thread.
    I think that @Bill Boggs started on a while back about weighing-in, and it is pretty generic.

Bill Boggs and Nancy Hart like this.
  5. Bill Boggs

Registered

@Nancy Hart, Okay Thanks, @Yvonne Smith. Nancy, is this the weigh station? If so,
    I weighed this morning standing in my skivvies on a scale I'm beginning to no longer trust.
    I weighed 176. I usually state my weight I want to lose in increments. So first, I want to lose
    eight pounds to 169. How often shall we weigh? How about anyone?
    I agree it is easier with a partner.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Nancy Hart likes this.
  6. Nancy Hart

Registered

Yes Bill, this is the weigh station, or the kitchen table, or even the tread mill.

I am a calorie counter person. Most people aren't. I'm also a weigh every day person, and most aren't.

That's why I say no rules here. But you will get a weight and calories every day from me whether you like it or not. :D

Bill Boggs and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Registered

@Nancy Hart I also weigh every day and I also count calories. I'm trying to figure it all
    out down in my diary, that is to say I'm thinking about a healthy grocery list.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  8. Nancy Hart

Registered

I wish I could do that. You are right about breads (and cakes, and pies, etc). I start out that way, but eventually they seem to sneak back into the house somehow. ;) At least I've finally done away with white bread for good. Thanks, Joy.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Registered

Yeah, I've quit white bread, er,er, well Rainbo bread and Sara Lee white. I am trying some
    sourdough from a bakery, a big sliced ball of a loaf. I havee cut out all sweets except I
    open a can of peches now and then, eat four slices of peaches wit a coujple of spoons of
    cottage cheese. The whole can of peaches is only 210 calories but my doc said that was
    too many at one setting. Maybe we'll get it all figured out, lose eight or ten pounds and sin
    no more for a while.:)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Nancy Hart

Registered

[​IMG]

Bill Boggs likes this.
  11. Joy Martin

Registered

You can do IT, don't wish. I started over 10 yrs ago by buying only gluten free breads and didn't like them, too dense and heavy so said, stop it all together, don't bring them in the house. I'ts only me so I don't have to cater to anyone else and their wants...

When I go out for a fancy burger, I get a nice toasted bun but at home, NO WAY.

An MD I hear every week and he works with Prolotherapy and joints and that's the first thing he says to people who come to see him, "take the weight off"....Veggies, Protein, Good Fats, Water, and of course a sweet now and then but STOP with the refined cwap, I cringe when I think of the years of sweets I consumed. It's amazing I don't have diabetes but I guess it's not in my genes too.

Bobby Cole and Nancy Hart like this.
  12. Nancy Hart

Registered

My problem is, If I don't pay attention I will gain about 8 to 10 pounds a year. Somehow I can't pay attention. :confused:

As a result I have to do a "reset" at least once a year. I'm in reset mode, or restart, or reboot, whatever you want to call it, right now.

Bess Barber likes this.
  13. Joy Martin

Registered

Nancy!!, you use Can't, Wish, Don't a lot and from out here you gotta change the mind for things to work. It' all up to US to change and we can't wish that away.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  14. Nancy Hart

Registered

OK, here goes. I started Monday

June 3: Calories 860, morning weight 134.8
    June 4: Calories 930, " weight 134.2
    June 5: Calories 890, " weight 133.9
    June 6: Calories 880, " weight 132.6

Goal is 125. Not fooling myself. Weight drop to this point is meaningless. Just water weight, etc. Now comes the slow part.

15. Joy Martin

Registered

Nancy, you have, to me a good weight. Why is 125 a goal. I weighed that in my 20-30's and I'm 80 and have no desire to be there again. As we age, we need some fighting weight on our bodies. We never know what is going to "hit us"..in the way of an illness etc. I just feel strongly about sugars as cancer cells love sugar....who wants cancer.

Sounds like you are putting fright into your body. My thinking on it all.

Personally I don't count calories and don't weigh myself, have not owned a scale in decades. I know when I've put on some weight, feel it in clothes.

One thing I really keep on top of is elimination.