We Are Still Checked Twice Daily For Covid 19

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

Even though all the residents and staff have received both vaccine shots we continue to be monitored. A Care Worker just finished giving me the swab up the nose test and had me sign a consent form.

2. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Had 6 total tests since all started with #7 next month so far 3 blood and 3 swabs all negative

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't understand. I gotta be misreading.

-How long have they been doing this?

-Why twice daily?
    --Can they really tell if you were exposed to the virus since the last test merely hours earlier?

-How long do the test results take to get back?
    --Are you given the test results...every single result for the (14) tests you have done every week?
    ---I recall you sharing the results of a test once, but not the 60 results you got last month.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That seems odd to me, too. Lon still has to wear a mask and social distance and take the tests, so what help was the vaccines ?

Trevalius Guyus and John Brunner like this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Veteran Member
    Registered

The other precautions notwithstanding, twice daily (or even daily) seems to this layman to be of no incremental benefit.

So I'm kinda curious. And Lon pays attention to this stuff, so I'm pretty sure he's asked.

Yvonne Smith and Trevalius Guyus like this.
  6. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Well-Known Member
    Registered

This can't be. No way can any assisted living facility process the hundreds, if not thousands, of tests a week. The costs would be astronomical, and therein lies a possible clue: Maybe they're swabbing noses, throwing out the swabs, giving bogus results to the residents, and making a killing on the billings to Medicare and whoever else they can soak. Time for an investigation, absolutely no lie!

Lon, clear us up, here, please. Are you, in fact, getting two CV19 tests, daily? Where are the tests being sent? Have you seen any bills for the tests?

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Lon Tanner

Registered

We get test results back i 48 hours

8. Trevalius Guyus

Registered

Lon, again, are you actually being tested twice a day, everyday? Where are the tests being sent? How is billing handled? I fear you're being scammed.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Lon Tanner

Registered

Let me clarify testing. They take our temp and BP and visually chek. The nose testing is every other day and are checked locally and reported back in 48 hours.

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Those tests are expensive. Who pays for them ?

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  11. Trevalius Guyus

Registered

I'll stick with my feeling that you're being scammed. How many residents are at your facility? Every other day is, about, fifteen times a month! Multiply that by the number of folks tested. Multiply that by the Medicare reimbursement of $50-$100/test, depending on the type of test. If there are 100 residents being tested, every other day, your facility is raking in $75-$100,000/mo., minus whatever their "Diagnostic Lab" charges for the kits and results. Outrageous!

Lon, I know you love your place, but it's got a sweet little hustle going on, right now, and should be exposed. If you care to share the name and location of your facility, I'll gladly take it from there. If not, understand that it's costing taxpayers more than a few dollars, as it rips off the government.

In truth, your facility may be the tip of the iceberg, as I mull things over. Perhaps every facility like yours is now riding the CV19 Gravy Train with totally unnecessary testing. Hell of a deal, for them..........

Yvonne Smith and Peter Renfro like this.
  12. Trevalius Guyus

Registered

You and I pay for this absurdly unnecessary testing schedule at Lon's place!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Trevalius Guyus

Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

Ok, look at it this way folks, where Lon lives is now allowing visitors wearing masks. Now, this living facility don't know who these visitors have been around before visiting Lon's Assisted Living place.

It has already been stated that there are people who have had both vaccines haven't waited long enough, after getting #2, to get around others.

Lon's Assisted Living place is only trying to be careful and protect their residents. Remember, their residents are older than many of us on this forum.

15. Lon Tanner

Registered

Here's a recent post from our Ex Director.'
    Dear Oakmont Residents and Family Members,

I hope this letter finds you healthy and happy. As I announced in the update of February 18th, we had one staff member test positive for the Covid-19 virus. The Fresno County of Public Health has advised us to test all staff and residents. We have started the testing today. We will not test anyone that has tested positive in the last 90 days.

A few important reminders about visits to the Community:
    • Only essential visits are allowed in the community at large. These must be discussed prior to visit.
    • Family or friend visits are allowed by appointment only in the Bistro or Patio areas. Please call the Concierge to book an appointment. This allows us to ensure that we can maintain proper social distancing and sanitation between visits.
    • Dining with a visitor is still on hold. We are following the guideline from Fresno County.
    • Surgical masks must be worn by all team members.
    • Masks and PPE must be worn by visitors upon entering the community and throughout their visit. Visitors who do not wear their masks or PPE appropriately will be asked to leave.
    • Residents must also wear masks appropriately in all common areas, or when in the proximity to others.
    • Routine sanitation of all high touch surfaces occurs twice daily at a minimum.
    • Social distancing of 6 feet between individuals is required in all common areas, unless persons are from the same household.
    • Residents who leave the community will be screened for symptoms or exposure upon return; isolation is not required unless exposure is reported or symptomatic.
    • All team members and visitors are screened daily for fever, COVID-19 related symptoms or exposure prior entry to the community.
    • Residents are monitored twice daily for fever, exposure, and COVID-19 related symptoms.
    Thank you for your support and understanding. We are all experiencing Pandemic fatigue, but we cannot let our guard down. The Pandemic is still very active in Fresno County and hundreds of people are being newly diagnosed with the disease daily. I have attached the lasted statistics from the Fresno County Department of Public Health page.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Warmest Regards,
    Heidi Setty
    Executive Director Oakmont of Fresno