We Are So Loved By Our Pets !

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Yvonne Smith, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I watched an amazing video today about a dog that thought his owner was drowning. The dog immediately ran and jumped into the water, landed right next to his owner, and then found his hand and "dragged" him to shore.
    Although the owner was not really drowning, and he only wanted to show what his dog would do to save him, this little video really brings home the fact of just how much our dogs do love us, and are paying attention to what is going on with us.

You can see the dog is just contentedly laying by the side of the water and almost dozing off, and then his owner disappears under the water. The dog instantly has an alert look on his face, and goes into action to save his owner.
    If this man had actually been drowning, the brave efforts of his dog would probably have truly saved his life.

2. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, dogs can be very loyal to their masters. I remember years ago my golden lab who was name Rocky would watch me as I was walking home crossing an empty lot that use to be outside our yard. If he saw anyone walking in the same lot even if they were no where near me, he would start barking and jumping. I think that if the fence wasn't so high he would of jumped over it and attacked the person all for being in the same lot. I guess that shows how loyal a dog can be. This was a great video to watch by the way, I loved how this dog illustrated just how loyal a dog is even if I didn't know this already.

Corie Henson likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Some dogs are like that, very protective of their master. One dog of ours is very protective of us. Tisoy, an 8-year old spitz is tame even if we have guests in the house. But if he senses something not good, he would growl and if that growling is ignored then he bark incessantly. Our 2 other dogs are very affectionate but not that protective of us. In fairness to them, they are small dogs so maybe it's not in their character to protect humans. By the way, labs are big dogs that are the most affectionate in their genre. The always love to be with people and should never be caged nor tied on a leash.

4. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

Dogs are great creatures, I have one and I can admit that he's my very best friend.
    He's with me whenever there's nobody by my side, and I can say without any
    doubt that he would want to save my life in any situation like that.