Water Purifier

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Corie Henson, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We went to the mall this morning to buy water purifier. We found one at $100 and we did not hesitate. So now we would be using that water purifier and quit ordering for refill from our drinking water supplier.

Last Monday, my husband was getting water from our dispenser when he saw a small worm in the glass. Yuck, that's a baby mosquito we call Kiti-kiti, actually the larva that would become the flying insect. I don't know how to describe the feeling when I learned of it. The logical approach is to investigate and the water in the plastic gallon (5-gallon bottle) seemed to have mosquito eggs. Yuck again. Right there and then, he called the drinking water supplier to report his find... and to stop their service.

2. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

You to do a little more than that, Corrie. Everyone in your area needs to be aware of that. Here we have News Stations with segments that are consumer complaints followed up with investigative reporting and results. We also have the EPA (environmental protection agency), Consumer Reports, BBB (better business bureau), and more.

My town has excellent water but I still like to take my 2 gallon jugs with spout (BPA-free) to my local Whole Foods store or Fresh Market or Earth Fare and refill them with water that has been treated and filtered with the Reverse Osmosis process.

Yvonne Smith and Corie Henson like this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

It is really unfortunate that it happened to us - that dirty drinking water from the water store. But on the other hand, that incident of the mosquito larva in the water gave us an insight of what kind of water is being sold by those water stations. There are, I think, 5 water store here so we have many choices. But we have already decided to buy a water purifier to be sure of our drinking water. At least we are the one purifying the water from the faucet so we are assured of hygiene.

Here is the photo of our new water purifier that we bought for $100. If it lasts for 2 years then it is equivalent to our expenses for having water delivered for that period. IMG_6492 purifier.JPG

Terry Page and Lara Moss like this.
  4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:It's a good thing you were very observant! When things like that happens it's good to have a little apple cider vinegar cocktail to drink to keep your body safe. This article tells you of apple cider benefits to your health. In a 16 oz. of water glass about 10-12 drops of cider vinegar is all you need. We drink it ice cold so it's smoother going down. Take care!

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Our tap water is not bad, but we use a purifier anyhow, and we still buy bottled water for drinking.

6. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Tap water in the UK is generally pretty safe though often has a smell of chlorine in some areas. I drink straight from the tap normally, though I do like it cold, so in summer months I store some in the fridge.
    I always drank from the tap in Russia (expecting added vodka ;) ) though I heard its not entirely safe, so follow Lisa's example and drink boiled chilled water now, when I remember to.

7. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

We have our own well as our only source of water. We have a distiller but haven't used it in a couple of years. Our refrigerator has a filter for our drinking water but we often just get it from the tap.

Terry Page likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

The water here is horrible, and you can really smell the chlorine. We always filter our water if we are going to drink it. When we lived in Idaho and had the pure well water, it was delicious, and we even had other people in the area who would stop by to fill up containers of our fresh and pure water.
    Most city/county water nowdays has both chlorine and fluoride in it; and both of these will destroy any iodine that is in your body. It is no wonder that we have such a lot of iodine-deficient people, and also that it seems like we (as a nation) are being dumbed down. Not only are the children just being pushed through the grades in school, whether they learn anything or not; but one of the most necessary elements needed for intelligence is being destroyed everywhere by the contaminated drinking water.

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

When I lived in Southern California, I couldn't even see through a glass of water from the tap. It was brown, and it smelled bad. I never considered drinking it. I used bottled water to make coffee, but I subscribed for delivery of the large bottles that fit into a water cooler.