Water On Mars

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

There's a lot of that, going around, Sheldon!;)

2. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Interesting find, Yvonne. Conspiracy theory? I'm not a believer. If the google photos are real then, like Joe said, it could be a NASA training ground. It would make sense that NASA would want the terrain to be similar to mars.

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

....now if they prove to be EXACTLY similar! ....that may be another story!;)

4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Proving it would be easy for those in the know. I did hear the narrator dude say, of the background, "there's that road we saw [in NASA's Mar's photos]". How long ago was this video made?

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Dunno...it was posted 9/27/15.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One of the problems (that I find) with the youtube videos, is that they are often made by very unprofessional people. Even if they have their information studied,when they present it in a vocablulary that needs to be X-rated for swearing, then I usually mark it was a disliked video, and do not watch it.
    This does not mean that the person did not actually do the research for whatever information they are presenting, it simply means that the presentation is not very good.
    Thus, if the information is interesting, and possible, then it is a good base for further investigation of the topic. So, while I did present this video about the Rover being in Greenland and not on Mars, I look at it as only a possibility to be further checked out; but with enough evidence presented to warrant my checking further into this.

I do not have google earth on the iPad; but I might have to download it so I can look for myself and see what is visible up there. And I am also going to see if I can find the Mars picture that was supposed to have a road in it; because, as @Lara Moss mentioned, that would be definitive information about the truth of this.

7. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Only problem is that Greenland is so big that there isn't enough time in the day to use google search for details. Insomniacs might find it to be a natural remedy though.

8. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

What made me most skeptical was the guy from the very start started some juvenile name calling about some of the most respected scientists around.

Forget Google Earth, I'm gonna do a search on Google Mars. :rolleyes:

Joe Riley and Lara Moss like this.
  9. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

There is polar caps on mars known for years so the idea of water would be a assumption unless that polar cap is of another material. They have also being to decrease in size at the same time that the government is talking about man made global warning. I guess they are driving too many cars up there.

10. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.