Watching Movies For Entertainment

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Corie Henson, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Local makers of films are wondering why their movies are not making money. But the foreign films are hitting it good in the box office. The likes of Avengers, Superman and Batman, Jurassic World and some other fantasy movies. Noticeably, the fantasy films are doing good as if they have a captured audience. And what happens to what they call sensible films with good story? They just flop in the sales.

One good friend who is a veteran in the movie industry said that movie tickets are so expensive here at $5 so movie goers are wise with their money. They only spend for the ticket when they are sure to be entertained. So why watch a drama or a cultural movie when what you want is to laugh or to be amused? Maybe the local film makers should be in touch with reality. If they want to earn then they should make movies that are enteratining, amusing and interesting to the movie goers.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not keen on modern movies especially fantasy, they rely too much on special effects with no substance, character
    or good dialogue
    The original Superman with Christopher Reeve I did like - he was perfect

Ike Willis likes this.
  3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Watched a Liam Neeson movie last night. "Run all Night". Kinda of a mob movie. Lots of blood, gore, car chases, shooting. What's not to like?

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Like those above, I am not into car chases and violence. I don't mind movies that have a moral or moves me to tears. But I don't want to feel like I have been exposed to gore and cruelty. I enjoy animation as I can be assured of what I am getting.