Watch War Movies?

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

This past Saturday night, we watched the DVD, To Hell And Back (true story of Audi Murphy's WWII Heroics). One excellent movie! We own it. The other movie we bought, Audi Murphy also, is The Red Badge Of Courage. Still need to watch it.

Have also seen, on tv: Glory, Tora-Tora-Tora, Midway, The Green Beret, Pearl Harbor.

Have also seen the second Rambo (Vietnam) movie, but was told how fake it was. One former Army Ranger told me "there was no exploding arrows in Vietnam". So, I figured dear old John Rambo brought that bow/arrows with him from home after the Colonel got him out of prison. The Chuck Norris Vietnam movies were ok, but still.

2. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I think I watched every war movie available in our libraries. War is entertaining from the comfort of your recliner instead of being in one.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, I have watched some of the WWI and WWII movies and have probably seen every episode of MASH including the movie.
    I read the reviews and watched the trailers when it comes to movies dealing with Vietnam and thus far, even the trailers are stuck on stupid with the possible exception of “We Were Soldiers”.
    I did sit through about 75% of that one before I turned it off for reasons I’ll keep to myself.

4. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes I do. Especially the WWII films. I avoid Viet Nam movies for personal reasons.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I have all those movies except "Glory".

Hal

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Here ya’ll go, I just watched a fairly good war movie.,....