Watch Out Ken

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sheldon Scott, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Earlier this summer, or maybe it was last summer, I don't remember for sure, around fifty rattlesnakes were found in Calais, Maine, a coastal town. The press made an attempt to tie this in with global warming but, locally, very few people bought it. There were a couple of reasons for this. First, they all showed up at once and, second, that wouldn't have anything to do with global warming anyhow, because rattlesnakes were once native to Maine, although largely absent from the state for a couple of centuries now. We figure it was an attempt to make global warming headlines by someone who imported a load of snakes into the state and dumped them in the same place. If this was this spring or summer, as I think it was, it was a poor choice anyhow because we've had a very cool summer so far.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

...I can't wait....
    [​IMG]

Sheldon Scott and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a Facebook friend who lives in Napa Valley and she's been posting pics of rattlesnakes that have been in their garage, etc.

They are small but still a rattlesnake and she said for some reason this year they've seen more than usual. They've usually just killed them but her hubby bought a snake picker upper and they just take it away from the house.

I'm sorry to all the animal lovers but I'd be killing it, because it will come back.

I hate snakes, even non poisonous ones. Of course they eat rats which I also hate.

Someone said I should put a snake in my attic.....I would get 0 hours of sleep with that idea.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

image.jpg

I went back and took a look at it and it's bigger than I thought! They killed this one but then bought a snake tongs
    And now catch and real ease them.

Not what I would do.....sorry.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I could have gone all day without seeing that snake picture, @Chrissy Page ! ! Couldn't you have found a less gruesome one to post ?
    Try for one more like this, next time. I am sure we will get the idea , anyway......
    image.jpeg

Chrissy Cross and Joe Riley like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That was the actual picture of the snake on her FB page. On FB it looked smaller. :)

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Boy, I'm a city girl and I'm eating a snack and looked at the pic. Maybe I'm tougher than I thought. :)

Ken Anderson likes this.