Was The Moon Landing Hoaxed Or Not?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is a very interesting thread not because of the topic itself but because of the comments. It is loud and clear that the internet is now a venue for opinions and one good way of spreading something, whether true or not. How many times have I seen hoaxes being posted on social media? How many products have been smeared in social media?

As for the topic, I will go with the not hoax because I believe in media that time. There are many movies and science fiction stories that cultivate the landing of Apollo 11. And have you read the invented story about the neighbor of Neil Armstrong who said to her husband that he would give what her husband wanted if the boy next door would step on the moon? That's plain hogwash.

3. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

How funny to come a crossed this discussion, last weekend I ran into this debate about Stanley Kubrick and the movie he made called The Shining. The original one with Jack Nicholson. the story suggested that the movie was actually a mulch-layered piece that contained not only the story by Steven King but an additional story which was a confession by Kulbrick that he shot the fake footage of Apollo 11. The Shining was his way to confess to the world. So I was intrigued and had to see what this was all about. I have actually seen the movie several times and had sen it in the theater when it was released so I was skeptical.

So I start looking around and low and behold there is this YouTube video made by some people and the video is like 1 hour and twenty minutes so i decide to sit down and watch it, sure i could poke holes in the claims. I did after all see the landing on TV when it happened. I was young at the time but it is a memory none the less. The video itself starts slow, and I have to confess i already watched a much shorter video that touched on Stephen King and a Volkswagen.

I have to admit there are things that the longer film said that made me wonder how anyone could come up with that . the cars in the parking lot are a stretch IMHO. Same thing about the 7 up. I do recall when I saw the movie and the pantry scene I had noticed Tang and thought it funny they had it there, you have to remember The Shining was made in 1980 and Tang was not popular, but at that time I just figured maybe the movie was suppose to be in the 60's? Then came the commentary on the sweater and room 237. Combined with the opinion on the twins I have to say the argument was very compelling.

I now doubt we went to the moon for the Apollo 11 mission. If Stanley Kubrick managed to be clever enough to think up this ploy back in a time when no one doubted we went to the moon he is a cinematic genius. The sweater was pretty compelling and the explanation for the naked woman/hag made some sense finally...beyond just nudity for the sake of nudity. One way or another Stanley Kubrick messed with us.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't think that the moon landing was faked at all. Sure, the US were in a Cold War with the commies, so them lying that they won the space race would've been a huge blow to the Russian morale. However, I don't think they faked it, mostly because of the state NASA is in now. Nowadays, we have the technologies to reach even Mars, so that means that some progress was made in those early years too.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is an interesting little video that I just watched. It was originally put out by NASA, and reposted by someone else.
    In the video, they are talking about the upcoming Orion Mission. They said they will send up the rocket and space capsule and go into the Van Allen Radiation belt, so they can study the amount of radiation that comes from there, and see how well the protection that they have on the spacecraft works to protect the inside from radiation. The announcer said that they have to do this before they can send a manned mission up into the radiation belt.

So, if we can't send a man into the Van Allen Radiation Belt, even now, because we do not know how severe it is and what protection we would need for an astronaut to survive; how in the world did we ever send people up through that belt all those years ago, with basically NO protection ?
    None of the supposed astronauts ever contracted any cancer or other radiation problem from the belt, even though they were not protected very well from the radiation.
    It would appear to me that this is just another good reason for believing that we have never actually sent a man to the moon.

6. Edwin Clarke

Edwin Clarke Veteran Member
    Registered

Apollo 11 left a mirror (for lunar laser ranging) that began working the day they put it there and still functions today.
    Many scientists and students from various universities and organizations (not just NASA) have used this to measure the distance to the moon within 2cm.
    You would seriously suggest that the mirror is not there? All those scientists, students and organizations over more than 30 years of observing and measuring are all part of the cover-up?
    Its much simpler just to go to the moon than create such an impossibly complicated hoax.

What about the independent radio hams and organizations that listened in to the Apollo radio transmissions?
    They in on the hoax too?

More info:
    http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=605
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Here is another interesting video that explains more about what the Van Allen belts really are, and how difficult (if not impossible) that it would be to get any kind of a craft through them .
    We have always been told that space is pretty much a cold and dead area; but apparently the plasma that the Van Allen belts are made up of are actually in the temperature range of several thousands of degrees of hotness. They are much hotter than even titanium can take without melting; let alone any of the metals that melts at lower temperatures.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Joe Riley likes this.
  9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

NASA Probe Sees Apollo 11 Moon Landing Site from Space (Video)
    http://www.space.com/26591-apollo-11-landing-site-nasa-video.html
    "What does the site of the first moon-landing look like 45 years later? A NASA probe orbiting the moon has recently beamed back new images of what Apollo 11's Tranquility Base looks like now.

An amazing new moon video created from data collected by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter gives space fans a new look at the Apollo 11 landing site years after astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin left the moon's surface behind. The new video shows a 3D view of the landing site, and LRO also spied the trails made by the astronauts as they kicked up the lunar dust".

10. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't think I fit in this science thread, hahahaaa. But in fairness to you, guys, I have come across some articles about the doubts about the moon landing, not in its entirety at least, that some of detilas of the moon landing were doctored. Even the speech of Neil Armstrong which was somewhat garbled was doctored, according to the article. And do not forget the wind that was blowing on the flag, that means the moon is not a vacuum?

Neil Armstrong sure is a lucky guy because together with Edwin Aldrin, they are the only 2 people who know the truth about the moon landing in 1969.

11. Yvonne Smith

One of the things that I do every day, almost without fail, is to read and learn something new and interesting. Sometimes, I also watch Youtube videos; because you can find those for just about any topic that you want to learn more about.
    My mother was a prolific reader, and she was always reading at least one book, and often several at a time, as the inclination hit her.
    She started me reading when I was young, and I have enjoyed it ever since. I have never cared much for watching television, and now that I know that it puts us into a hypnotic trance, I try diligently to avoid it for the most part.
    All kinds of things catch my interest, and then I spend time learning about that topic until something else comes along that I want to learn more about.

Anyway, one of the things that has always been of interest to me, is whether we actually made moon landings back 40+ years ago, and why we have not been able to do it since then, even though we have had huge technological advances in the years since that time.
    One of the most interesting things that I have read concerning this period of history is an article (almost an e-book) called "Wagging the Moondoggie".
    It goes through just about everything connected to the moonlandings, has some very interesting pictures, and explains things that I have never found in any of the articles written about the moon landings before.

If you have any interest in this subject; I believe that you will find this an interesting, well-written, and very informative article on the moon landings.

http://davesweb.cnchost.com/Apollo1.html

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember reading that the hardware (Rocket and LEM) were developed 50 years ahead of time, and that is why we went, when we did. Our "bus" was here, and we had to get on it!

13. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Did they ever come up with a reason why the flag was waving? I had always been told there was no wind up there.

14. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I think we went to the moon. We were in a space race with Russia. However, I see no reason to go back.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  15. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

"What the notoriously corrupt United States federal government is claiming is to have sent men to the moon in 1969, on the VERY FIRST attempt, even though right here on earth Mt. Everest and the South Pole took NUMEROUS tries before success, allegedly accomplishing this amazing feat with 50 YEAR older technology (a cell phone has ONE MILLION times more computing power than ALL of NASA did in 1969), yet 50 YEARS later NASA can now only send astronauts ONE - THOUSANDTH the distance to the moon, even with 5 DECADES more advancements in rockets and computers."