Walmart Stores from Texas to Florida Closing for 6 Months

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I wonder what this is all about?

Read more at http://investmentwatchblog.com/walm...rida-close-today-for-6-months-without-notice/ including links to several news stories about it.

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Ken, I just posted about this, too ! And had the same conclusions about it as you did; but I put mine in the conspiracy thread.
    I have also read that the big stadiums have government contracts for housing people if necessary, as well.
    There is certainly more going on than we are being told about.
    Trying to remember if i posted about the NORAD base being moved back into the underground rock mountain in Wyoming. I will look, and post it if I didn't already do it.
    This is where they had NORAD when the cold war was going on, and they already have more agencies wanting to get in there than they can fit inside the facility.
    Link:
    http://news.yahoo.com/us-aerospace-command-moving-comms-gear-back-cold-015320113.html

Plus, we just asked Canada to upgrade their missile sensors near the Arctic, with Russia building some kind of new facility in the Arctic next.
    Tie this in with Russia sending troops to train the Hispanics that are also livingin those same ten states, and we just have a fair amount of dots to connect !

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

All of this does not sound very good. Are we expecting an all out war soon?

4. Yvonne Smith

Are we getting subliminal programming for martial law ? AARP, the supposed retirement organization ( which is one of the biggest Obama regime supporters) has now put out an advertisement with a subliminal message saying that martial law has been declared in the United States, and the president is asking everyone to remain calm.
    If you were just watching the ad on television, you would barely even hear the TV announcer in the ad background, or pay any attention to what he was saying. However, when the background sound is amplified, and you know what they are saying, you definitely CAN hear the announcer saying those very words. Interestingly, the lady in the ad does not seem to be paying the least bit of attention to the announcement.
    Obviously, this very statement had to be made for this ad, since they could not be copying an actual broadcast. They could have put almost any content on the background sound that they wanted to put, and this is what they chose.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not sure about the other conspiracies, but I have heard about the Walmart closings. One thing I'd like to mention is that although the title, which is in huge letters, says that they closed "without warning", but in the body of the article, in much smaller print, it says that employees are getting 2 months severance. That's a lot of severance, even for a high paying career-type job. I don't think Walmart is quite as evil as everyone wants us to believe.

I have heard the conspiracy that they are closing the stores that have been trying the hardest to get the union in. That it's the ones that are organizing protests for unionizing and causing the most problems. I'm probably going to step in it here, :eek: but.... If that's the case, and they are threatening Walmart if they don't unionize, I hope they do close them, lay everyone off and not re-open the stores. The unions need to realize that they have outlived their usefulness in most cases. They need to stop their strong-arm tactics and accept that not all business want or need to be unionized.

Diane Lane and Brittany Houser like this.
  6. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Mal I couldn't agree with you more! You're not stepping in anything. :D I think you're just pointing out the elephant in the room. Walmart is privately owned, and they should have a right to run their business any way they please, without the government or a union telling them how to do it. I think the closings are probably either the result of union interference, or a result of all the wage complaints and protests.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Mal, do you have the link from where you read this information ? I looked, and I can see that the California store has been picketing and such; but not any of the other stores. The union seems to be trying to help the people who were laid off from what i can see; but not doing anything that would justify Walmart from closing down just those particualr stores .
    Also, why would the government be setting up with their equipment at those stores if they are not involved with the JH drill ?

8. Yvonne Smith

I was also reading that all of the Target stores in Canada either are closing, or have already closed down. I guess the drill up there is called "Mapleleaf", and I am not sure if it coincides with our drill here this summer or not, or even if the Targets closing is connected.
    I wonder if Target will start closing the United States stores soon, too ? Whatever is going on, it does not look good. A lot of jobs lost, if nothing else.

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I have a couple of points to make. First, for anyone who thinks that someone is crazy for believing in conspiracy theories, the word "theory" does not necessarily follow the word "conspiracy," as they are training us to believe. There are plenty of real conspiracies going on, and both our government and our media lie to us perhaps as often as they tell the truth, so it's perfectly reasonable to be suspicious. I don't know if the closure of these Walmart stores are related to the military exercises but it's not unreasonable to consider it.

As for Walmart, I know several people who work for Walmart and I haven't spoken to anyone who dislikes the job. Their employees like working there and, in most cases, it's a better job than other available alternatives. For that matter, I know adults who work for McDonalds, and they're not viewing it as a career. Most of them work there because it's nearby, they offer hours that are convenient, and it's a way to earn a few dollars. My nephew took a job at McDonalds to work his way through college, and ended up being promoted. He quit college, and McDonalds sent to their own management school. He recently retired at a fairly young age from McDonalds, having been their regional manager for years. Given brains and ambition, it's possible to make a good career, even at McDonalds; but for most, it's a temporary job.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  10. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Not that I don't for a minute believe that the government is treading all over our rights, but is it possible that the TV commercial within a TV commercial is an excerpt from a movie? There are lots of catastrophe type movies that reference martial law, the president enacting it, etc., so I wonder if that could be the case here?

When I moved down here years ago, I took a leave of absence from my job at McDonald's, because I was only coming down for the Summer. I'd worked there during high school and my first few years of college. I stayed in touch with the owner (it was a franchise location), and he offered me a promotion to management to come back. I didn't, because I chose to stay here, but my sister was a manager, and many of my friends worked there in various positions, as they worked their ways through high school and college. I don't have the negative view of it or many of the other large companies that some do these days.