Walk-in Bathtubs

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Steve North, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Ted Richards

Ted Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

When the fellow came to your house and and extolled the virtues of a walk-ln tub, you can bet he was a commission salesman. a commission on a sale like that is at least several thousand dollars. They don't sell these very often so when they do, they make a lot of money. Several posters have shown walk-in tubs from Lowe's or Home Depot and I found dozens listed on eBay so they are available for much less than quoted to the original poster. It would still be necessary to hire a local plumbing shop to install it and that would run at least a $1,000.

Most of us can get along okay with convenient grab bars and portable seats in our bathtubs or shower stalls.

4. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I didn't even think of the drain wait. But you would have to. Can't open that door with water in the tub!

Would you consider a hot tub?

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No room for a hot tub and an outdoor one is out of the question in Maine, I think.

6. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

There isn't anything wrong with our tub at present.. We just wanted to get an idea of what is involved to get a walk-in tub, but now, forget it ...
    We have a shower seat that I bought and some grab bars.. That is all we need at present..

I was thinking that when it comes time to sell the house, if it has a walk-in tub, it might be more difficult to sell as it would attract a specific type of buyer...
    As is, we have a stair lift which isn't that bad as it could be easily removed..