Walgreens Has Coupons To Clip & Add To Your Card

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Krissttina Isobe, May 2, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Walgreens has coupons on their site that you can digitally add to your card to be subtracted from your purchase at the cashier when you pay for your purchases. With your Walgreens card you have many benefits. You'll get these digital coupons, balance rewards that you can add special coupons that can double your balance rewrd points too. Check your account at Walgreens to see all the benefits with your digital coupons and it keep tract of your reward points too. It's easy to get your free Walgreens card and your free Walgreens account too. This page shows coupons on Walgreen,s site. My store is North School Street in Kalihi which is part of Honolulu. This page shows how you can join Walgreen's balance reward's program by applying for your Walgreen's card. Enjoy the many benefits of having a Walgreen's Balance Reward's Card. Walgreen's has weekly sales and Senior Citizen discount day sale too. Sign up for Walgreen's special email offers and never miss a special ad sale or program that goes on at Walgreens! Get your Walgreen's Balance Reward Card first then sign up for an account with Walgreen's for the site will ask you for your Walgreen's card number. Happy Shopping at Walgreen's!

2. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I shop at Walgreens and recently loaded up on their Cascade liquid dishwasher detergent that they were getting rid of. I am a member of their rewards points. I recently asked the cashier when I can start using my points. Her response? When I reach one thousand points, I can used them for a dollar off of my total. In my opinion, that isn't such a hot deal. However, I did not know about the digital coupons. Using them might turn my frown upside down.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Walgreens bought the Rite-Aid in Millinocket about a year ago, maybe less, then shut it down without even giving notice to its employees a few days ago. After the store closed one night, they scraped the Walgreens logos off the wall, removed the signs, and boarded up the windows. From what I am hearing, they didn't even notify the employees who had worked the shift before they closed that they wouldn't be reopening the next day. I didn't use Walgreens but it looked like they may have left the pharmacy drive-through open for those who had prescriptions that needed to be filled. It was the only dedicated pharmacy in town, but they were probably getting competition from the grocery store, which has a pharmacy, and one of the clinics that started its own pharmacy. Rite-Aid had been there for several years, and I think it was another pharmacy brand before that.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

We had a Walgreens and a CVS (I think) across the street. the CVS closed up this location a couple years ago, but the Walmart seems to be doing fine.
    I think that more people might be getting their prescriptions online instead of driving to a drug store, especially seniors, and maybe even more so now with all of the covid stay-home and fears.
    I get my prescriptions from HUmana, where I have my Medicare Advantage, and any online ordering from them is fast and easy.

The larger grocery stores here all have a pharmacy section. Our Walgreens is so expensive , we seldom go there, unless it is something we have to get from Walgreens. Even the cashiers are not friendly there.
    It is certainly terrible that they would just close the store and not tell the employees !

Before I met Bobby, I had a job working at an expensive private school, that was kind of a reform school for problem kids, and it cost about $5,000 a month to send the kids there.
    For some reason, the school closed down, and didn’t tell anyone that they were going to do that, and didn’t even give the parents time to pick up all of the kids.
    I worked in the kitchen, and we knew those poor kids had to have food, so most of the kitchen and other staff all stayed (unpaid) until the parents could get there and pick up the kids.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

We tried getting our prescriptions filled online through the medical group we were with then, but they kept screwing it up and it was nearly impossible to straighten things up with anyone over the phone. As it turned out, it was less trouble to pick them up at the grocery store when we do our shopping.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

When I had CIGNA, I had the same problems, @Ken Anderson ! They would call me when they thought it was time for a medication to be renewed, and sometimes, I would not be by the phone, and they would leave a message.
    Even when I did answer, the first thing that they wanted to know was the prescription number, and of course, I had no idea, because they didn’t even say what the medication was so that I could look it up.
    It was such a nightmare that I said NEVER AGAIN ! I got all my prescriptions at Kroger, and it was much simpler.
    However, Humana is a lot different,and no problems. I have the Humana pharmacy app, and they alert me on the app when it is time to refill a prescription, and I just check the mark to say I want to renew it.
    I never have to talk with them about any of it on the phone, or know prescription numbers, or any of that stuff, and they send everything right out in the mail.

Another thing that I really like with Humana, is that they have the OTC catalog online, so I can just order my vitamins each month, and they send those out , too. With $100 OTC each month, I can get all of the vitamins and supplements that I want this way, and only have to order a few things from Amazon.

Ken Anderson likes this.