Waco

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you haven't seen the mini-series on Waco, I highly recommend it. It's on Netflix. I was a paramedic in Texas when the Waco-Branch Davidian thing went down and followed it closely, not just from media reports, which were mostly BS propaganda, and I think this is a pretty accurate representation. I think it's fair to both sides, which doesn't make the FBI and ATF look good, because there wasn't anything good about what they did. It demonstrates, clearly, what we can expect from our media, and it wouldn't hurt to relate that to what we're getting from our media now. It also makes Koresh out to be a bit of a nut, which he probably was. While this was playing out, the police, firefighters, and EMS people had a much better idea of what was actually going down than the public, who were simply caught up in the media narrative. It's not a documentary, but a drama. It's even more exciting than chamber pots, if you can believe that. It's very well done and easier to watch than a documentary. Whatever you may think you know about Waco, watch this.

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson

The Branch Davidian Complex was, after all, considered a church and religious entity to it's members, many of whom resided there, peacefully, as far as I know. How much I KNOW is subject to question, but, I did see atrocious activity performed by govt agents, caught on media tapes. I have read detailed accounts. The feds brought in firepower capable of fighting war. The Davidians were armed for purposes of self protection and food gathering. David Koresh was painted by feds as a child molester, builder of machine guns, etc. He in fact was in good stead with the local Sheriff, who proclaimed him to be "no threat to society".

Janet Reno was enlisted by Bill Clinton to assume full responsibility for the stand-off and siege; she claimed it was dictated by "child molestation". Armored vehicles and several tanks were brought in. A reporter's video clearly showed a tank smashing it's big cannon through a wall, than withdrawing with a trail of burning napalm dripping from it. Presently, flames were seen within the building. A conflagration ensued.

Prior to that, entry was made by agents from above, possibly from a helicopter. They chopped through the rooftop for access, firing as they went. Later, it was claimed by Davidians, among others, that the agents shot were unknowingly being fired upon by "friendly fire", hampered by then by the smoke from fire.

Corroboration? Not possible. Consider which side had less to gain by misrepresenting facts. Waco's "success" set the stage for future govt. violent activity aimed at citizens, whether guilty or not.

Frank

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Plus, two of them were licensed gun dealers.

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Steven Stanick

Steven Stanick Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Janet Reno a liberal gave the "Burn it!' order.

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Steven Stanick
    Story I remember was that Clinton was in danger of being severely called-down for the Waco stand-off: he ordered Reno to take the blame publicly, which she did.
    Frank

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.