Vote By Mail

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, May 21, 2020.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I am calling my election board right now to get an absentee ballot for the primary next month in NJ because Murphy will not budge on this.

3. Lois Winters

Registered

Guess what? No answer at Election HQ. Nice.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

There are honest people using mail in ballots for right reasons. And then there are the Dems and Trump haters who definitely are using it to try to make Trump lose the coming Election.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  5. Lois Winters

Registered

I sent election hq an email requesting my ballot.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

All the death from covid became Democrat voters

8. Lois Winters

Registered

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Two issues making headlines lately; mail-in voting and voter ID. Personally I believe mail-in voting would be rife with opportunities for voter fraud. Too much "hands-on" in that scenario in my opinion.

Then there's the feeble argument about voter ID. From the ACLU...

Voter ID laws deprive many voters of their right to vote, reduce participation, and stand in direct opposition to our country’s trend of including more Americans in the democratic process. Many Americans do not have one of the forms of identification states acceptable for voting. These voters are disproportionately low-income, racial and ethnic minorities, the elderly, and people with disabilities. Such voters more frequently have difficulty obtaining ID, because they cannot afford or cannot obtain the underlying documents that are a prerequisite to obtaining government-issued photo ID card.

OK, seriously??? How does anyone function in the world today without a valid ID? I'm asked for an ID to write a check, to buy alcoholic beverages, in some cases to use a credit card, to rent a vehicle, etc. In Texas, I have had to show my ID to vote all my adult life. It has never proved to be an insurmountable requirement.

So what do you think? Mail-in voting and no IDs??? What could possibly go wrong?

10. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe EVERY ONE from age 12 up should be issued a Dog Tag type of identification and required to keep it on their person.The tag could be electronically imbedded with Name, DOB,Sex,Blood Type. A small subcutaneous chip with that information would be even better. The chip could be read by a small electronic device.

11. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

My mother was a good example. Widowed, living alone without a car, or who doesn't drive, pays cash except for bills.

If I hadn't insisted on taking her to get the ID, and to the polls, when they started that nonsense here in Georgia not long ago, she would not have voted, because she was too nice to ask anyone. I could probably name several more relatives, like an aunt in WV, but haven't spoken to them recently.

This came up in a similar thread here. The consensus seemed to be if they anyone was that clueless they didn't deserve to vote, or words to that effect. My mother was not stupid.

One day, when all the old stupid people are dead, it probably won't matter so much, because everyone will get an ID automatically, like a SS card, when they are young, or like Lon said, but for now...

I vote No to voter ID's and Yes to mail in ballots.

They keep a record of who votes absentee and who votes at the polls. Not a bright way to try and throw an election.

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

With mail-in voting, how do they verify the voter? When I go to a polling place, I verify that yes, I'm registered to vote and yes, it is me. Who oversees the physical paper votes? I can't imagine that re-tooling the entire electronic voting process to take a step backward would make sense to anyone.

ETA--I didn't search for this topic before posting and I see that there is an existing thread. (Thanks, Nancy.) http://www.seniorsonly.club/threads/vote-by-mail.15703/ Please merge. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  13. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Don't worry about it Beth. It's a new topic in the news right now. deserves a new thread.

14. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

You're then almost in line with the president who wrote:
    "There is NO WAY (ZERO!) that Mail-In Ballots will be anything less than substantially fraudulent. Mail boxes will be robbed, ballots will be forged & even illegally printed out & fraudulently signed. The Governor of California is sending Ballots to millions of people, anyone....."

Bobby Cole and Sheldon Scott like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'd prefer not to align myself with the King of Twitter, but I do believe that mail-in paper ballots would be easily manipulated by either party. :D