Von Braun And The Ascension T V Series

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Yvonne Smith, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have not watched the Ascension TV series; but I just watched this short video by Rob Skiba and Mark Sargent, and they are talking about the series, and how it seems to pertain to Werner Von Braun, the rocket scientist, fake alien invasions, and NASA.
    After watching the video, I looked on Netflix, and it is available on there; so I am going to check it out and see what it is like.
    I am interested in movies that talk about things like alternate universes, an enclosed earth, and most any kind of a conspiracy theory; so it sounds like this will be something that I will enjoy.
    I was wondering if anyone else has already watched the series (which only lasted one season) and what you thought of it, if you have watched it ?
    I totally loved "The Truman Show", and this seems to be along the same lines; but with a space orientation.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I usually study in the evenings; but since I have not just sat and watched a movie or TV show in a long time, I took a break and decided to watch Ascension.
    Netflix has made it so that when you watch one, it just goes on to the next show in the series; and I sat there glued to my iPad and watched the first three episodes of Ascension before Bobby pointed out to me that it was almost midnight, and way past our bedtime.
    In truth, he had also been watching some kind of program on his iPad; so it is not like I made him stay up that late. I was hoping that he might want to watch Ascension, too, and then we could have watched it on the television; but watching on the ipad works great, too.
    The program involves a proposed space trip to another galaxy that takes 100 years to reach. The initial space travelers know that they will not live to see the landing; but their grandchildren will be the ones arriving. However, the next generations are not always pleased when they learn that they are living on a spaceship, and that is where they have to spend their whole life. Even though the original travelers were able to make a choice, the children of these astronauts do not have that same choice, they have been committed to the trip, like it or not.

I think that if you are interested in the idea of space travel, this series is going to be one that you will like, too. Now that i have a better understanding of what is going on with it; I think that i will start over and watch the beginning again.