Vitamin D A No Go For Arthritic Knees, Study Finds

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Ruby Begonia, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

This was so interesting, I just was alerted by a vegetarian board I follow. Pretty dry board, but I have learned some things. Also, this guy mentions the (@Lara Moss)Kale, and also overdoing the good things;)
    All text in blue is not mine, denise
    Don't eat too much green, a lot of that stuff might have very high oxalate levels (like spinach and kale). I made the mistake of being what I thought was "super healthy" for 6 months and ate hemp protein, spinach salads and kale smoothies regularly. I ended up going super grey in no time flat, pains in my side and pains in my joints. Then, someone told me not to eat too much kale because of the oxalates. I was like, "what are you talking about?" Then, I did research. I discovered that oxalates form "shards" that lodge in your kidneys and joints causing kidney stones and arthritis-like conditions. I also found a study showing that farmers were able to turn sheep's wool grey simply by changing their diet to a kale-based feed. They were able to reproduce this "grey wool" side-effect repeatedly simply by changing the feed; the sheep had rings of grey as a result of the period of time they were on the kale-based feed.

I had hoped when I stopped eating so many oxalates my grey would reverse, but apparently it doesn't work so well for humans as it does for sheep. It has not progressed at all since in the last 4 years, which is good, but since I went so grey so quickly it's not really that great. My joint pain and kidney pains did go away, however, so that's good.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    VeggieBoards

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Ruby Begonia likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Registered

Head'en for the gym now, but I'll see you guys later. This is always the hard part for me, getting away from the puter, and out the door;)

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My wife's best friend, she graduated high school with, has Lupus and was told by her doctor it was due to spending to many hours in the sun laying on the beach and sunbathing on the boat her husband and her have.

I remember, back in the 80's, I went to a Water Park and forgot to put on sunburn lotion and had my t-shirt off. That night I had a pretty tough time sleeping, but got up and went to work the next AM. I could only stay at work for a very short time and left........the pain was really getting to me. Before leaving, I called a friend who had me come over and soak in her tub with vinegar in the water. I was just able to sit up and make it over to her place driving. After the bath, she put some pain-relieving cream on me and I finally was able to relax. Boy, for awhile there, I thought I was gonna end up in the ER.

Wife and I always remember to put on sunburn lotion before launching our boat and keep a tube on it as well. Also have a tube in our vehicle. I generally wear a short sleeve shirt w/collar and a baseball cap. She will wear a summer top and baseball cap as well.

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

I know folks that have had bad sunburns, and usually, they didn't even know they were "toast" until later. Vinegar is a heck of a remedy. I don't recommend anything more than vinegar for sunburn. Course some burns are way bad enough to get into the ER, glad you survived it Cody. Some lessons are hard lessons.