Vitamin C -- How Much Should You Take?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Chrissy Cross, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

From what i have read, the Rosa Rugosa rose is the best one for harvesting rose hips. It is almost a wild rose, with blossoms that are not quite as single as the reglar wild roses; but not as full as a tea rose, either.
    The rosa rugosa will get about 4-5 feet tall, and spreads; so it makes a great rose hedge.
    I had some growing here; but we apparantly lost it one year; so I need to order a few more plants and then let them spread.
    You can actually save the rose hips from just about any rose, and I used to gather them from the wild roses when we lived in idaho; but the rosa rugosa is suposed to have the most vitamin C, and it has very large rosehips.

image.jpeg

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I should have planted that in my yard, might look into that. I'll have to read up on it and how I'd does here.

Although I put that name in my search, this is what's coming up for my area and unless it's called something else I m not seeing it. I know little about roses except that is one thing I can't kill in Fresno...I don't have a green thumb. :(

http://www.rainforest2548.org/sjvroses.html

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Ruby Begonia and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

".......taking D and C."

Always been leery of those "D & C"s, after reading about it in a Frank G. Slaughter novel as a teenager! ;)
    Frank