Vintage Fashion: Old Is The New Fashion

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Amie Ar, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

It's so wonderful for I buy vintage at thrift stores and they are so comfy. I don't like the clingy type of clothes and I refuse to wear them! Most of my clothes lasted so I got some very vintage clothes in my closet. It's a good thing I kept my weight down too for my clothes fit and aside for a bit of mending they last. I always go to the thrift shops to buy very inexpensive clothes. I go to Walmart too for I found Walmart has new but very cheap clothes! Love the rollbacks at Walmart too!

Patsy Faye and Joe Riley like this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not fashion conscious although I admit that I frequently buy clothes primarily for my office wear (I am exempted from wearing the office uniform so my alternative is the semi-formal or casual formal. I remember the time when the jeans was in fashion. My mother would have several jeans on the hanger and I was dreaming that someday I would have jeans for myself. But when I grew up, it's plain skirt or slacks for me. You may say that we are a compatible couple because my husband has no aptitude in fashion either. But he admitted that he had a bell bottom once and aside from that, the style of his pants never changed from the 1970s until now.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

She's doing pretty well with it, but vintage clothing isn't the only thing she sells. She has a store on eBay and also does a lot of selling on Amazon.com. Books that we buy for twenty-five cents at the library sale sometimes go for $40 or $50 on Amazon.com or eBay, although that's on the high side of normal. Vintage clothing she usually gets at second-hand stores. Our neighbor, who is an auctioneer, does estate sales and she does some selling or him as well, splitting the profits 50-50.

4. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks Ken for the information. It's something I'm thinking about. No time now working full time, but if I retire or go part time first.

I have some vintage jewelry I'll never wear and it could probably be sold online.

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

image.jpg
    It doesn't look any gayer than what our founding fathers wore. :)

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Ike Willis and Chrissy Cross like this.