Vegetables Are Evil (or) You Are Evil For Wanting to Eat Them

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Ken Anderson, May 24, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For the love of God, please let me decide for myself what I want to eat. I don't trust the government, and I am rapidly becoming persuaded that the "experts" are full of something that is a byproduct of eating.

2. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I've been vegetarian for 35 years, so who knows what evil I've been poisoning myself with in that time...

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

That whole video is full of falsehoods. I'll keep eating my vegetables along with dead animals.

4. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I have to eat my vegetables or I would not have anything to eat. I do not eat much meat so I need my vegetables.

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't pay any attention to those blithering idiots. For years they've been telling us margarine is better than butter, eggs and meat are bad, now backtracking. Who knows what their real agendas are, and how much they've been paid to lie to us.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

In the long run, I think the intentions -- and certainly the results -- are to make us pay more for whatever we eat.

Brittany Houser and Diane Lane like this.
  7. Diane Lane

Registered

I'm starting to think it's like the Chicago Climate Exchange, designed to make us pay more, and also to control our behavior. This type of indoctrination has worked well in the public schools, and turned many young into vegetarians/vegans. I abhor tyranny of any sort. I don't care if adults choose that lifestyle, but I'm tired of schools and society shoving things down the throats of our children, and trying to take control from the parents.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  8. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Before long they will be telling us not to eat anything because its bad for us. Come on, vegetables are suppose to be one of the healthier things to eat, am I really suppose to buy any of this. Well, I refuse to, its getting to the point where I feel like my father was right when he said why don't they just tell us everything is bad for our health and leave it at that. He's been gone for sixteen years now and things have only gotten worse where these sort of studies are concern in the years following his death, not telling what he would of thought of some of this stupidity.

9. Ken Anderson

Vegetables represent the body of the plant, she says, and plants don't want us to eat their bodies. Well, most vegetables are plowed under at the end of the season anyhow and, at any rate, they wouldn't survive a Maine winter.

Diane Lane likes this.
  10. Diane Lane

Registered

I say the same thing about my Dad, @Hannah Davis. He's been gone 10 years now, and I know he's shaking his head at the BS going on. We used to joke around and call him the duke of doom, even though we knew he was probably right, and he knew we were kidding. In my opinion, it's all about control. They're pushing juicing, and next, they'll probably push eating our food pills, like The Jetsons did. Of course, 'they' will own the factories that make the food pills, and control what goes into them. :eek:

Brittany Houser likes this.
  11. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I read Eric Schlosser's Fast Food Nation a few years ago and that is enough to terrify anyone with a living soul...

Diane Lane likes this.
  12. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I remember back when my daughter was trying to lose weight. She got on this kick with "plastic" cheese, and all kinds of other bizarre unnatural foods. I tried to warn her, but she wouldn't listen. Her metabolism slowed to a crawl, and her weight continued to go up. When she finally started eating real food again,albeit less of it, and exercising, her weight went back down to normal. I grew up in the country, and we ate good, natural foods right off the farm. I have always been indignant at people who try to tell me how to run every facet of my life, but especially what I eat!

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  13. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

When it comes to food, our policy is to eat moderately although sometimes I binge when the food is great. Our weekly regimen is mostly composed of meat - pork, beef, chicken although there is also fish and vegetables. When we want seafood, it doesn't matter if the lobster or prawn is expensive as long as the quality is good. We don't scrimp on food but we don't waste it either. Our leftover rice is kept in the fridge and reheated in the microwave the next day.

As for health food, we try to have good vegetable dishes at least during weekend. It is mostly native soup dishes or stews with vegetables.

Brittany Houser likes this.