Vatican Takes Refugees

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Martin Alonzo, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Sacheen BrightEagle

Sacheen BrightEagle Veteran Member
    Registered

All look alike? Really? . Currently, I work with Syrian women and children who are suffering from PTSD as a result of horrendous wartime experiences. I assure you, they are as individual in appearance as the average westerner.

To say otherwise, seems to this Canadian to skate perilously close to racism. I realise, of course, that Canada and America are two distinct countries, with various cultural differences. If I have somehow misunderstood the context,
    I apologise. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain?

2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/bachman...ecific-purpose-destroying-western-christendom
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Sacheen BrightEagle

Registered

With respect, the paedophilia rampant among the Pashtun segment of Afghan society, is no more representative of Muslims as a whole, than my childhood experience at the hands of western paedophiles, who used obscure

religious texts as a screen for their perversions, is indicative of the morality or mindset of true Christians. Two of the paratroopers who rescued me from the streets all those decades ago, were Muslim. They saved my life.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As upsetting as photos can be, often the same photo is used over and over to represent an entire group of people. I know the photo of the old guy kissing the kid is one that I have seen posted dozens of times and, although they may not state this, the idea that it is intended to convey is that this is what all Muslims do. I know that is not true because I have a friend who is a Muslim and he would never do that sort of a thing.

We know this when we come across a photo of someone who looks like us doing something abhorrent because we all know a lot of people who look like us who wouldn't do that, so we don't consider for one moment that one photo represents the whole group. But when we don't actually know anyone within that group, sometimes all we are left with is the photo, and it doesn't paint an accurate picture.

No, I don't think we should be taking in hundreds of thousands of refugees from Syria, not because of their religion or appearance, but because we are at war with a lot of people from Syria and we have no way of knowing whether the people we are bringing in are the enemy. There is also the fact that we don't need more people here. I don't think we should have been over there to begin with, interfering in things that were none of our business, but we are and, regardless of who is to blame, we are at war, and it's dangerous to bring the enemy into your country during a war, and I don't care what the Pope has to say about it.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

What you or anyone else has to say about the Pope actually doesn't really matter. It's probably the same feelings I have for your weird religions in my view. So, another thread I'd like to be left out of.

6. Sacheen BrightEagle

Registered

Thanks Ken, for further clarity around that disturbing picture.

7. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I think she meant that a good, peaceful, person and a terrorist look alike. You can't tell by looking which is which. So saying they all look alike is in no way racism.

8. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

In my experience, those who rail against "political correctness" tend to be those that are effectively saying, "How dare these do-gooders challenge my right to be a loud-mouthed, obnoxious bigot."

9. Gary Ridenour

Registered

"To say otherwise, seems to this Canadian to skate perilously close to racism" wow is he calling me a racists. can't come out and just say it. uh huh. actually i am a racists. since the liberals amended the constitution to included the PC laws. I spoke out against Obama so now now im branded. isn't it pretty?? im not going to sit here and pretend i know about Canadian immigration laws cause i don't. i can't do nothing about it anyway. but maybe brighteagle there can tell us good from bad, we need to know. he can have em all far as im concerned.

[​IMG]

did you know Muslims helped Hitler hunt down and murder Jews??

10. Ken Anderson

Of course. If you don't toe the government line and believe everything they tell you, you're a racist. We can't have people thinking for themselves, you know. Who knows where that might lead.

11. Gary Ridenour

Registered

so stay in line like all the little duckies

[​IMG]

12. Sacheen BrightEagle

Registered

Almost half my family are Jews. My great uncle has a tattoo from Dachau. Do they hate the Germans? No. Why should they hate Arabs? Mr. Ridenour, at no point did I call you a racist. I merely expressed concern that, to a Canadian, your comments seemed headed in that direction. I also acknowledged the differences in our two cultures, admitted I might have misunderstood, and asked for clarity.

13. Ken Anderson

Political correctness is designed to stifle communication. If we stick to issues, we don't have to worry about labeling anyone as a racist or anything else. If it turns out that someone is racist, what better way to change a mind than through conversation. There are plenty of reasons not to want to bring a bunch of Syrian refugees into the United States. Here are a few.
    1. We can't afford it.
    2. We have too many people out of work here as it is.
    3. We are at war with Syrians so it's reckless to bring potential enemies into the country.
    4. Bringing that many people at one time makes assimilation difficult and unlikely.
    Any one of those, all by itself, is enough reason not to bring them here, and only one of them can even remotely be considered racist, and that's only if you consider assimilation to be a racist goal. There, we would have to agree to disagree.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Sheldon Scott and Gary Ridenour like this.
  14. Duane Dutchell

Duane Dutchell Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes. Political correctness is nothing more than a way to get people who disagree with you to shut up so that you can pretend that everyone agrees with you. That is a part of what keeps people apart.

15. Gary Ridenour

Registered

little doubt in my mind this is NOT a rescue its a full blown invasion. a Trojan horse

and we foot the bill to boot