Vaccine Safety

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Martin Alonzo, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Long before there was even a vaccine for measles, it was known as a typically mild disease that was a common rite of passage for young children.

Contrary to the alarmist claims of the government and their allies in the fake media, it was almost unheard of for anyone in the United States to die from measles, and those who got the disease developed a natural lifetime measles immunity far more effective than vaccinations.

This cannot be said for of those who receive the measles vaccine, which provides temporary and incomplete immunity to the disease. This has likely led to the disease becoming far more dangerous today than it had been in the past.

Measles-related deaths were in decline long before a vaccination was introduced, due probably to improved healthcare and better nutrition.

Unlike the immunity received by those who contract the disease, the vaccine carries some dangerous side effects, including death.

According to Drugs.com, which is hardly an anti-vac agenda group, harmful effects of the measles vaccine may include...
    • Anaphylaxis
    • Angioneurmtic edema
    • Vasculitis
    • Thrombocytopenia
    • Lymphadenopathy
    • Leukocytosis
    • Encephalitis
    Additionally, connections have been established between the MMR vaccine and autism.

-- Mercola

If the vaccination actually offered immunity, vaccinated children would have nothing to fear from those who are unvaccinated. On the other hand, children who have been inoculated against the measles can spread the disease to others.

-- The Daily Coin

I am not opposed to vaccinations. If you believe that the risks of the disease is greater than that of the vaccine, you may have your child vaccinated, despite the risk this may pose for others. However, there are real dangers associated with all vaccinations, and the measles vaccination carries greater risks than most. However, parents who believe the dangers are greater than the risk of the disease must be allowed to make that determination for their own children.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

In most cases, people have been compelled to have their children vaccinated or they could not attend public school. Though I admit I have not spent any time researching potential side effects, I believe that overall, vaccinations are a positive thing. Every modern medicine has possible side effects so we must weigh the risk/rewards.

When my children were small, I simply took my pediatrician's advice as far as vaccines. I'd venture to say that most young mothers did the same.

As far as your Mercola reference, Joseph Michael Mercola is an alternative medicine proponent, osteopathic physician, and Web entrepreneur, who markets a variety of controversial dietary supplements and medical devices through his website, Mercola.com. I hardly credit him as an expert opinion.

3. Ken Anderson

Exactly. We should be allowed to weigh the risk/rewards, and make decisions for ourselves and our children.

4. Ken Anderson

Had you given references, they would have been from people or organizations that are part of the mandatory vaccine agenda, so we're on an equal footing there.

5. Ken Anderson

We can trade sources all day and, in the end, you will believe whatever you want to believe, and I will believe what I believe. However, even your sources will admit that there are some serious risks involved with the measles vaccine, in particular. They will argue that the benefits are worth the risk, and I suppose that's okay if they are talking about their own risks. However, they should not be able to impose these risks on those who do not consider them to be worth it. That's a basic human right.

As an example, I believe that someone needs to believe in Christ and live their life as a Christian in order to have eternal life. Risking the loss of eternal life far outweighs the chances of getting the measles so, by the arguments used to force others to be vaccinated, I could make the argument for mandatory conversions to Christianity. Historically, this has been done, but not to good effect, in my opinion. One person's beliefs should not be imposed upon another.

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The WHO and CDC have got so powerful that they make their own laws that the public have to go by and the Pharmaceutical system pay billions to buy politicians to do their bidding. They are passing laws to force you to vaccinate you children and yourself even if it kills you your family can not go after them because you can not sue them. This is a dictator ism by the medical system. The truth about how many are injured and killed by vaccines are in the CDC records but you need to be a hacker to fine them. To protect their insanity they will ban knowledge from the public and ban people from speaking out.

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

When I was a kid, hardly anyone got vaccinated for anything, and NO pets were ever vaccinated. It was just a common part of childhood that we would have measles, mumps, and probably chicken pox. If the epidemic spread, and lots of kids were sick, they sometimes closed the schools until we all got over it; but no one really through much about it, and certainly, no one died as a result of measles.
    I remember my mother saying that there were other forms of measles that were more severe, but what most kids caught was just the “common measles”, as it was referred to.
    Maybe if a person had one of the more serious forms of the illness, then there would have been some side effects.

I think that when we go through these illnesses, it strengthens our immune systems, just like exercise strengthens our muscles.
    I am not saying that we should not have vaccines, but I do think that people should be able to decide whether they want a vaccine or not.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I offered no references because I was offering MY opinion. :p And certainly if I were looking for facts, I'd avoid Mercola and similar quackery who are selling their own product.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have been around hospitals and healthcare for over fifty years now, and I only ever saw one person who got so sick their life was in danger from what was once a normal childhood disease. That was a 6 year old native child here in rural Alaska who nearly died of infections secondary to chickenpox. The sickest I have seen people get from measles are those who were vaccinated as children and get measles in their late teens or early twenties. If you do get vaccinated against those diseases, you should get boosters at least every 10 years to maintain immunity. If this is not done, the person is at great risk of contracting those normal childhood diseases as adults when they can be truly life-threatening. Many of the vaccines have not been around long enough to be an issue for seniors, but can you imagine what could happen to someone who contracts measles at 50 years of age? That may be in our future as the vaccinated population ages.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Ken Anderson

I would avoid sources beholden to the pharmaceutical industry. Quackery is quackery even when it has government support.

One constant in medicine is the fact that what is considered to be a medical fact today will be outdated nonsense tomorrow. Medical history is full of things, endorsed by the medical community, that turned out to be wrong, and even dangerous. People should be given the facts, as they are known at any particular time, and allowed to make health decisions based on these facts.

Medical science can't even figure out whether eggs are good for me, or whether I should be using butter or margarine, so when it comes to accepting that I should have poisons injected into my body, I reserve the right to a veto.

Thousands of drugs have been approved by the FDA as scientifically proven to cure or prevent disease, only to later be taken off the market after it is found that they either do not cure or prevent those diseases or because the adverse side effects made them too dangerous for use.

What the medical community tells us is fact is not fact at all. It is merely the current theory or thought of the day, often developed in response to a money-driven campaign by one industry or another. Historically, the medical community is often proven wrong.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  11. Martin Alonzo

Registered

This guy is well worth the listen

12. Ken Anderson

13. Martin Alonzo

Registered

After the Nuremburg trials there was the Nuremburg Code which was to stop forced medical experiments. Than After MKUiltra and the Tuskegee experiments the resolve was re-enforced. When they tell you, have to be vaccinated that is forced. People’s memories are short or they would never get away with this.

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I remember when doctors advised ulcer patients to drink milk to ease the pain. Only later did they find that "rebound" from the milk actually made the ulcer worse. Antacids for acid improves the environment for H.pylori to grow in the stomach and erode the lining as well. As @Ken Anderson implied, people were once encouraged to drop butter and switch to trans fats as part of a "heart-healthy diet". Cholesterol was once removed from the diet to prevent heart disease, but they found that heart deaths actually rose when they did so. Medicine has been stuck on lowering cholesterol since the 1950s since there is cholesterol found in the plaque that coats the arterial lining. Calcium is also found in the plaque but no one suggests lowering that to sub-optimal levels to prevent heart disease...because it causes arrhythmia that would kill. Probably artificially lowering cholesterol has bad effects, too, "they" just don't look for them.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Ken Anderson

If we're worried about disease, we need to control the border. -- American Thinker

The media and politicians who are pushing the mandatory vaccination laws are, for the most part, also for open borders, so this serves them on both ends. They keep the borders open and let the unvaccinated take the fall.