Vaccine News

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Trevalius Guyus, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I get my covid-19 shot today if I can get to OKC.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  2. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Latest update
    ScreenShot_20210319163328.png ScreenShot_20210319164605.png

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just got news that 2 of the 3 Catholic priests got their second vaccines and are now incapable of standing. One (just turned 35 years old) was medivac'd by ambulance with life-threatening conditions. I don't know which vaccine they got, but Pfizer is the most common. We do have Moderna here as well. They reportedly both got their first vaccination with no significant issues. There are two other priests in the area which covers an area the size of West Virginia, one of whom has had Covid and recovered with bedrest (~65 years old) and one left who has had neither the vaccine nor the disease. All services are now scrambled and the outlying areas probably will not be served. I don't know what the condition of the Protestant churches in the area is, but I have not heard of any issues. Many of the conservative Protestant congregations here refuse to wear masks, and carry on regular social hours after services. As far as I know, there haven't been any problems.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

How did it go, Bill? . Any side effects?

Bill Boggs likes this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Registered

None. It went well, better than I suspected. My son wheeled me out of the house in my wheelchair, pushed me around to the
    passenger side and I got in. Getting my oxygen tank situated on the floorboard just right so there was no strain or
    pulling on the oxygen tube, mask and hearing aid in place, then putting on the seat belt got me out of breath for a minute or
    so. The thirty mile trip up interstate 35 was a pleasant ride. We turned off the interstate and went into the city in around
    about way due to stop and start traffic on the interstate. We got to the VA hospital a few minutes early but didn't have too
    wait but ten or fifteen minutes.

I was told what I was getting, an unproven vaccine which could have repercussions. The man who gave me the shot was
    a retired army doctor and was a pleasant conversationalist. The shot was easy, I felt the prick of the needle but surprised
    it over so quickly. I had to wait in another room for fifteen minutes to see there were no adverse re action, told what to do
    in case some occurred later. Loaded back up and on my way back to the house.

It was the first time I had been out of the house in a number of months except to venture out to my patio a couple of times
    to sit in the sun. I was afraid I'd be so short of breath at times, getting in and out and it would be hard to get to breathing
    normal, gasping for breath a few minutes butt that wasn't bad. My chest never started hurting and I never there was not
    another breath to be had nor did I ever feel I might be losing consciousness as I sometimes do when trying to do things in
    the house.

Our granddaughter had our house cleaned. Flours swept and mopped, bathroom cleaned, stovetop cleaned good, things
    dusted. I'd have to say the whole affair was a pleasant change of pace.

7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs

I'm so glad it worked out well. Was this the once and done J&J shot you mentioned earlier?

Maybe the new medication is an improvement?

And house cleaning too. o_O Sounds like a perfect day. :cool:

Don Alaska and Bill Boggs like this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Registered

No, the two shot job. Next shot, April 9th. Yeah, my GD does good work.:)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    Nancy Hart likes this.
  9. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

10. Bill Boggs

Registered

No, sir, none so far except for the slightest of sore shoulder
    but that's gone away and it never was a bother.

11. Martin Alonzo

Registered

12. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I hope all my American friends here have had at least their first Covid vaccine as doing so is greatly curbing your Covid cases and more significantly.. deaths. I detect the US is now reaching "herd immunity".
    My country is still in the early stages but this is to be ramped up as CSL manufacturers more of the 50 mill does of local Astra Zeneka. Some of my family have had their first dose while the rest, including yours truly, will have ours within the next two/to six months.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  13. Martin Alonzo

Registered

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For another opinion, this is interesting. Of course, Snopes and the rest of the pro-vaccine group have discredited him, although they probably considered him to be credible when he was a director of vaccine programs for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

Don Alaska and Martin Alonzo like this.
  15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The two priests I mentioned who had serious reactions have now both recovered.