Use Of A Mask

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Not one word of truth, none the less entertaining.

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

That's the point Ken. The purpose of wearing a mask is to keep from spreading the disease to others. If everyone wore a mask it would save countless lives.

The rest of your post is irrelevant.

4. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

we don't have a mask...funny...saw where they were questioning homeless that claimed they knew nothing about the virus...all had on masks

5. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Added to that, depending on the type of mask, wearing a mask can be potentially dangerous.

We went to a small grocery store the other day and masks were mandatory in order to shop. I uttered a couple of short words under my breath and was ready to leave but my wife talked me into going in since the sign on the door said that the store would provide temporary masks.
    Yup, temporary indeed for the masks were the mid sized plastic shopping bags which, when the handles were draped over the ears, the bag covered the mouth and nose. It looked like a horse’s feed bag to me once my wife donned hers but okay, we went shopping, feed bags and all.
    It wasn’t long before I pulled the bag up over my mouth so I could breath because I was suddenly getting a headache and I was getting a little dizzy.

Now, the above example is an exception to the basic mask but 3 days ago I went into our local convenience store and the clerk told me that although she was told to wear a mask, she only wore it for short periods and only when there were customers in line because prolonged use of a mask gave her headaches.
    After looking at her with her mask on i suggested she get a smaller mask because it is possible that the mask she was wearing was too baggy and she would be forced to re-breath too much CO2.

My thoughts might have been confirmed when I read about a local gentleman who passed out at a store and after the man was taken to the emergency room, the diagnosis was CO2 “poisoning”.

The bottom line here is that yes, wearing the Wrong kind of mask can make a person a bit dumber but not necessarily for the same reasons the author of the article mentioned. (although his reasons did have some validity in my humble opinion).
    Prolonged use of a CO2 rich environment sets up a whole chain of events that Can kill millions of brain cells. It’s a given that brain cells die all the time but more than normal dead brain cells cannot make a person smarter ergo that person is a tad “less smart”.

7. Ken Anderson

Even if I accepted that, if my wearing a mask puts me more at risk, as it does, but offers a modicum of safety to everyone else, which is doubtful, I'll opt for my own safety. I think each of us owes that to ourselves. I am not going to place myself at higher risk over the dubious notion that it will keep everyone else safe. First of all, if I don't have the virus - and it is highly likely that I don't - my not wearing a mask doesn't place anyone else at harm, but my mask will collect virus from everyone else, eventually spreading it to the seat of my car, my steering wheel, and any other surface the mask may come into contact with, such as my hands, face, and so on. No, the whole panic-the-nation and impose a bunch of stupid rules is part of an agenda that has nothing to do with keeping people safe, sold to the gullible, and imposed upon the rest of us. I don't turn to CNN or MSNBC for medical advice. I have been trained in the use of a mask and, for that matter, both my current and previous doctors know that wearing a mask is a bunch of nonsense. I know which masks are appropriate protection against a virus (and they are unavailable), and I know when it is appropriate to wear a mask. This nonsense does not call for the use of a mask. I have a mask. It's in my sock drawer. I have never worn it.

8. Ken Anderson

For one day after our governor's order to wear a mask, our local supermarket enforced the mask rule. Apparently, they were later advised by the corporate office that the governor's mandates are not laws and that, even if they were laws, supermarket employees are not a law enforcement body. As before the order, roughly 50% or fewer of the people shopping in the store are wearing masks now, although all of the employees are, whereas before, fewer than half of them were.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Well not exactly, from the article: "People who are sick should wear masks,said Adams,but acknowledged that if healthy people feel better by wearing a mask, "by all means wear it",but they should not touch their faces."

As far as Ken's article. Just another asshole with an opinion. In his "about me, he goes on about his lifes experiences causing him to become a conservative. Well la dee da, the other half of our nations populations life experiences have cause the to become progressives.
    Not one word about his credentials, not one citation,not one reference,not one independent word to support his opinion, which in actuality not even his, but a rehash of Fox talking points.
    Shame on you Ken for killing all the electrons to post this unsubstantiated opinion.

Truth be told, there is not a soul on the face of the earth that knows diddly about this virus, or what can be done to contain it. Health officials are doing their best, but for some reason, in Amurca it has become a political right or left conservative or liberal thing.

Personally I don't feel put upon to wear a mask. maybe it will help maybe it won't. If I am in a room with 100 corona bugs,wearing a plain cloth mask,unless these things have mastered advanced fiber avoidance navigation, a certain percentage are going to be hung up on the fiber. I would much rather inhale 40 bugs as opposed to a hundred.

But you just go ahead and do what you want,after all we would not want to shake your confidence in the HE Man uber constitutional muricanism.

10. Ken Anderson

It's a blog, Peter. Of course, it's an opinion. In my first sentence, I identified it as an opinion. People who are sick should stay home, but people who are not sick shouldn't be quarantined as if they were. On the other hand, those who want to wear a mask as a security blanket are perfectly free to do so. That's an opinion too, and anyone who holds another opinion can wrap themselves in cellophane if they think that'll help keep them safe. I don't care if someone chooses to wear a mask. It's not like I point them out and make fun of them or anything. Okay, sometimes I do, but not usually.

By the way, have you ever wondered why we have a brain if, rather than using it, we're supposed to offer a citation instead of something from our own head? This was a blog post. The author of a blog post or a forum post, for that matter, doesn't have to wait for the Washington Post to provide them with a citation before offering an opinion, an idea, or even a fact. A citation is simply someone else's opinion or version of reality. The demand for one gives all the power to the citation sources. Given that the sources that you would have us go to for a citation have been lying to us non-stop for years, a citation from the Washington Post or MSNBC may as well be from The Onion. On the uselessness of healthy people wearing a mask, citations are readily available from WHO, Dr. Fauci, and the Attorney General but the maskites continue to believe that they are doing their part to keep the world safe by wearing their masks. They believe this because they are told this by the media and by their Democrat governors, as part of an agenda that has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone's safety.

You may have no respect for anything that anyone says unless they're employed by a mainstream leftist newspaper, but I'd rather hear from actual people whose job description doesn't involve purposely deceiving people. They may be wrong sometimes, but at least they're honestly wrong rather than deliberately trying to deceive.

In fact, the sources that you would have us cite rarely cite sources for their own news articles. Instead, we read things like, "according to sources close to...", "A source within the administration said...", and so on. A news story should have a source.

People have given their brains over to the scientists, the news media, talking heads, elected officials, and anyone that these people proclaim to be experts, and they act as if their own brain is nothing more than a server for someone else's opinion or version of the facts, and I don't think this has served us well at all.

Al Amoling and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

I stood outside the grocery store while my wife went inside for a few things, watching people go in and out of the store. Not one person removed their mask properly, and all of them removed their masks after exiting the store. Some of the women would put them in their purse, where they would contaminate everything in the purse if there were actually a virus, and others would toss them on the passenger seat after removing it by grasping the mask where it covers their mouth and nose, thus contaminating their hands and subsequently the steering wheel of their car and anything else they touched. One guy took his mask down to cough, then put it back up. No one had anything with which to clean their hands after touching their mask. Requiring people to wear a mask who are unable to get a proper mask, and who haven't a clue as to the proper use of a mask would indeed be laughable if it weren't so sad, and they really think they're keeping the world safe from the evil virus.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

AND, as in an earlier rant, I do wish that those panic stricken people would keep their hoarding misinformed hands off of the derned masks that are made specifically for those who handle spray paint and chemicals.
    Mine is shot so since I can’t find one anywhere around I tried Amazon and the nearest delivery date is somewhere in June!

Virus’s are so minuscule that only a small fraction will be caught up in a loose filter made for chemicals. Heck, the type of masks I am writing about do not even stop the smell of paint but do keep the particles from entering my nose and mouth.

EVEN the welder’s shields are scarce and cannot be delivered until late May or June!!

Ken Anderson likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

I wonder how many Democrat governors bought stock in companies producing these masks before issuing their dumb-ass orders.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I got an E-mail today from my optometrist which said they were opening for business. They (whomever) wrote that I had to show up in a “medical mask” and then wait in the parking lot until I am called.

At least they specified “Medical” as the type of mask they’d accept. Lord knows that someone would indeed show up wearing their paint mask or welder’s shield if they hadn’t specified the type.

Lois Winters likes this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Probably as many as the congress people who dumped their stocks just prior to the crash.

Lois Winters and Peter Renfro like this.