Use Of A Mask

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I wore a mask when I went to my VA doctors appointment this last December 12th. Seen a few people come in without a mask on and the lady at the check-In desk ask them to put one on that was in a box. The Greeter at the door was happy to see me have one on, as he was also wearing one.
    Wife and I had to wear one when we went to local hospital last month for her blood labs to be done.

We have some, new/unused, in our vehicle and a new package of them (not opened) in our closet. Don't wear them anymore, except into places that require them.

Thomas Windom likes this.
  2. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

When I think back over the years of covid and all the people running in the great outdoors or doing their walks With a Mask on, and the ones in their autos alone and masked up, omg what a bunch of paranoid and fear mongering folks...

And our town pushing people to mask up on the beaches, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

IF the results, actual results, can be found any more, they do work one hundred percent to increase disease. That is the masks are one hundred percent effective at increasing disease, and probably deaths also.....

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Our orthopedic offices are the only ones not using masks here that I know about.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Our hospital still requires them, but I don't think the clinic does anymore, although I'm not sure about that last one. I know they no longer make you wait outside until you're called.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Jeff Elohim

Registered

7. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Where they do work and are needed is in surgery settings where blood and infections can spread. Surgeons and assistants in OR's wear them. And most likely in hospitals where infectious diseases aboud are they worn. I've never been in that part of hospitals but 3 other times in my life and the nurses coming into the room would use the antibacterial thing hanging on the wall. They wore no masks

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  8. Jeff Elohim

Registered

That's part of the point of what was found out - no, they do not reduce infection in the operating theater, in or nor in er. Instead, surprise surprise, it doubled and tripled infections when they wear masks in a hospital setting.

9. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Got a link for that?

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Of course not, because it's a fabrication. Surgeons and OR personnel ALWAYS wear masks in a sterile setting. They are wearing them in case THEY have to sneeze or cough with a patient vulnerable on the operating table, as any reasonable person knows.

11. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Lots of links. Already posted. Results of wearing masks. Results of not wearing masks, Best way to reduce infection: not wear mask, even in surgery. Surprised thousands of doctors, and tens of thousands of laymen.

12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The masks are to help protect the patient, not the surgical staff. Staph and strep are all over the respiratory system. The masks don't stop viruses though.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  13. Jeff Elohim

Registered

14. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Tell me where you posted them. I was just reading a collection of articles on mask efficiencies earlier and would like to read the ones you saw. Here are the 3 I am (still) reading if you’re interested.

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/full/10.7326/M20-6817?rfr_dat=cr_pub++0pubmed&url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori:rid:crossref.org&

https://www.science.org/doi/full/10.1126/science.abi9069?rfr_dat=cr_pub++0pubmed&url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori:rid:crossref.org&

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-15409-x

15. Jeff Elohim

Registered

I just reposted one, I think within that one it has dozens of others.

I've looked at hundreds. Most are just party line, toe the line, status quo, and not helpful.
    Since 1981 and earlier, the effectiveness of masks when questioned and tested , was shown that masks are a way to increase infection, even if there was no infection previous! i.e. just wearing masks causes known and tested and proven problems.
    Yes, though, there might be an occasion / circumstances where this changes and a mask may help, usually related to dust/ pollen/ pesticide(charcoal / special?) use though, not as if they can ever reduce so-called viral events.