Us Education

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Martin Alonzo, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The education system in the US is missing some basic parts the people after leaving school are dumber than ever. Mark Dice dose on the street interviews with people of voting age and here is some of the things they say. This is a poor demonstration of the education system

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Those videos might be lampoons or satire but I believe that there are ignorant people around us.

In fairness to the education in the US, most wealthy Filipinos send their children to American schools. One of our neighbors who studied college in an exclusive school here wen to the US for his masters degree. Another colleague has his brother sent to USC (University of Southern California) for a college degree. Most of those who studied in the US could easily land a good job over here.

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Education in North America is set up for people to regurgitate what they have been taught and if they can then they get a diploma. If the company only wants regurgitated information it works out fine. If you are a person who thinks and questions what they are teaching you will fail. Most people don’t think for themselves they regurgitate what they have been told. They have the attention span of an ant they don’t read unless it is on face book. This guy just points it out. I had to laugh on time on q dive trip I was talking to a gentleman and ask what was 30 divided by ½ plus ½ of 30 he quickly answered 30 and I told him he was wrong it is 75 after a minute he said you are right and the he informed me he was a doctor of mathematics and he says we hate fractions.

Janice Martin likes this.
  4. Some of this kinda reminds me of the first h.s. I attended- way below par in many ways- the teacher said it doesn't matter if you get the answer correct or not, you get credit if you do the problem correctly. And she also allowed students to use calculators. o_O