" Upload File Is Too Large "

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Lara Moss, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

What is the File Limit for this site and how do I reduce my image to fit that limit? I googled "how to" but they want to know what the MB File Limit is here.

Also, some of the images I post are bigger than I want. Is there a way to reduce their size even though they fit within the File Limit?

Also, I'd like to edit the title of this thread to be a capital "U" but I don't see where I can edit the title here. It's only been a minute.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It was set at 1024kb, which was the default. I have upped it to 1536kb.

That is a quirk to another setting that I have made. My OCD (which I don't really have, I don't think) was giving me problems with a mixture of heading types, some that had the first letter of each word capitalized, which is what I wanted, and others that were either all in lower case or all in upper case, so I chose the option that would automatically convert headings to the style I prefer, which is to capitalize the first letter of each word.

However, this doesn't differentiate things like quotation marks or parenthesis from letters, and it also doesn't understand acronyms.

The downside is that when you are using a quotation mark, parenthesis, or other type of character in a subject line, you have to add a space before the word. In acronyms, a space is necessary between each letter that you may want capitalized. The upside is that most headings look good.

The forum will automatically reduce the size of the image so that it fits within the screen, without requiring horizontal scrolling, with the full image is accessible by clicking on the image. Otherwise, you would have to reduce the size of the image, which can be easily done in "Preview" on a Mac. Windows would have a similar feature but I don't recall what that might be.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you for your immediate reply and adjustments :) Your customer service is five star!

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.