Uplifting Volunteer Work

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I've always wanted to do that and when I volunteered at the Hospital here, it wasn't an option or there was some other reason why I couldn't.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

If you have some spare time now, perhaps that would lift your spirits. I've always found volunteer work to be personally rewarding, and it helps give a sense of purpose. I enjoy stories like this one, because there's so much negativity in the news, and we can all use a lift now and then.

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

The reason I quit volunteering at the hospital in the first place was I travelled too much and it was a set schedule
    And they weren't flexible on it. I was always stressing about finding someone to sub for me.

If I can find something without a set schedule that would be great.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

I understand that totally. I can't rely on my body or my car to be reliable, so I can't keep a set schedule either. Maybe there's something you can do on a sporadic basis, when you have time and are available. I know you travel occasionally, too. For right now, I channel that part of my energy into going through my belongings and donating what I can. I think a lot of animal shelters appreciate having blankets and towels donated, and they might be ok with someone visiting off and on to walk the dogs, but I'm sure each one is different.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, I have tons to donate to every cause you can imagine. I would just like to invite these people into my home and say you can take this and this and that. I have things I never even used. Dishes, glasses. The only drawer I even open in my kitchen is my silverware drawer. I use one frying pan and that's about it. I even have a working TV that I decided not to get a receiver for when Direct TV came to do my install. I haven't watched in years but it's still good.