Uplifting Story

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Despite the horrific circumstances, this is an uplifting story. I love ones such as this, that help restore my faith in humanity. There seem to be so many negative stories in the news these days, so sometimes I search out uplifting ones, but this one fell in my lap, seeing as it was posted on my local news station. I always sympathize with flood victims, since we have so much flooding down in this area, and I'm sure it was terrifying for her, as well as for the men, but thankfully, she was saved.

Tim Burr likes this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Real heroes. :D

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Agree we need positive stories and people can be so good in times of a crisis

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Great story and glad that they could do it without losing anybody. Usually you here that sometimes a person dies
    While trying to save another.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

The major tv network here have a segment like that in their news hour. That segment is anything positive that they can share like a lost and found theme where a cab driver had returned a bag left by a passenger or someone in dire need given assistance. As the moderator would say, amid the negativity of the news, there is something positive to report. And that positive news is always picked up by some people to share in their social media accounts. So it is common to see on Facebook the short stories of unsung heroes of the modern times.

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Nice! And not biased (our thread) regarding male/female superiority, chauvinism, etc.

MEN are given, generally, greater physical strength than WOMEN. It's "in the genes", the hormones. So what? STRENGTH is an essential to helping those in dire straits. BOTH physical strength AND mental strength.

Kudos to them. After the fighting's done, it's the LADIES who provide the support measures needed by the MEN: food, water, rest, bandages, etc.

7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, you're right, @Chrissy Page, so I'm always reading these stories waiting for the other shoe to fall, but it's nice to see one with no negativity associated with it. One of my pet peeves is when people act stupidly, and end up endangering others. We had one impatient young woman in the area recently who drove around barricades in a flooded area, then expected people to save her. A deputy she drove around tried his best to save her, but his efforts were unsuccessful. He was traumatized, and will no doubt never forget the incident.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yikes, I need to do a better job fixing typos, so that I don't cringe when I see a mistake and the edit option is gone.

I do know the difference between here and hear. :)

I'm just a careless poster and seldom even read what I've said until after I hit reply.