Upcoming Movies You Are Excited About

Discussion in 'Movies' started by John Donovan, Aug 7, 2015.

1. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

It seems that we have entered the golden age of superhero movies, with more than twenty movies coming out in the following years. Given that I am a huge nerd, and I am absolutely crazy about superheroes, I cannot wait for Batman vs. Superman or Suicide Squad next year!

Also, Star Wars VII is releasing this year, and I already have plans with the wife to watch it at its premiere!

What are your upcoming movies you are excited about!

2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I prefer realism in movies. Don't get too excited over many newer movies. The most recent flicks I really liked are "Open Range", "No country for old men", "Silverado", "The family, Stone", "Mulholland falls". I tend to watch movies from the 1930-1950's because I like their straightforward plots and camera work, not to mention great acting.

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't get excited about movies these days.

4. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Totally feeling same way you feel.

Watching super heroes again and again when those movies are worst and worst? Make no sense to me as these movies claim to have outstanding technology to get impressive special effects but producers are unable to reproduce with accuracy how those comic characters really look like. not to mention that I prefer what I watched as the "original."

Batman to me is still Adam West from the TV show, and never any of those movie personifications, same as my Superman is still George Reeves, and Spider Man keeps being this TV character and not any other transplanted to the movies, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_(1967_TV_series)

Similarly, if I watched the first Start Trek on TV, I never felt enthusiast for the movies, and to me Star Wars story ended up back in 1977, no interest to watch reinvented version of the same and the same.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  5. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I enjoyed Star Wars when it first came out, the following movies where not that good to me. I do want to see Mission Impossible, the rest I can wait until they come to the tv. I am not a big movie person.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We are HUGE Star Wars fans, so looking extremely forward to this coming Dec.! I seen the first movie, A New Hope, when I was 28. Wife and I love Star Wars so much, we have Halloween costumes of Princess Leia (A New Hope), Female version of a StormTrooper and Darth Vader (me)! We have boots, full-size helmets, etc. The box on my chest fully lights up with sound (all adjustable by me).

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I really loved Star Wars when it first came out, but I do not know that I would go to see another one. As was mentioned, they are never the same as the originals, and just not as good as the ones that we remember.
    I watched something that was supposed to be like The A Team; but the actors just were not the same as the original, and could not portray the characters in the same way.

Most of the newer movies are just not ones that I am interested in. There is often just too much reality in them for me, especially if someone is being killed or injured.
    I was much happier when the person just grabbed their chest and fell over dead, than all of the gory effects that they have now.
    It is hard for me to even imagine how people can enjoy watching these kinds of shows !
    And I surely do not want to watch any of the occult, vampire, or zombie movies; so there really is not much left besides kids cartoons.

I will probably just stick with watching the old ones again. What could be better than an old re-run of Broken Arrow , with Jimmy Stewart and Jeff Chandler ?

Ike Willis likes this.
  8. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Star Wars the upcoming movie where Luke Skywalker said "we are home." Imagine, the original Luke is still at it in his old age. If only for that, we would really watch that since that may be Harrison Ford's last Star Wars. And it's nice to reminisce the olden days when Princes Leia and Luke were a pretty match. Now, where is C3PO and R2D2 there? I hope they would be visible since they are just robots that do not die.