Unusual Things You Have Done

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Dee Roenz, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Playing with explosives is what every All-American boy should have experience with!

If they lose a hand or an eye, it's because they weren't paying attention.

Harold!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  2. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It was my sophomore year at the 2-yr college where I graduated way, way back. (I am not going to name the college because they are still looking for us)

There was a large fountain beside the women's dorm, so one of my buddies decided he wanted to impress his girlfriend in the dorm. We talked about it and my roommate suggested that we set fire to the fountain. How can we do that, I asked.

So it was decided that we would all buy a gallon of gas and pour it into the pool below the fountain. I didn't want to, but they talked me into it, as in all for one and one for all sort of thing. The peer pressure was too much for me, so I agreed among the 4 of us.

Well, the guy whose girlfriend lived in the dorm dressed up like a devil, with fangs, long tail, pitch fork, etc, all in red, dancing all around as we hid in the bushes. So sure enough we each threw a match into the pool after he had gotten all the girl's attention, looking out of the windows.

We apparently under- estimated the flame that followed. It shot up way beyond the fountain up past the top of the dorm and all the girls oohed and aahed, gasping, and running for the doors and running down stairs in their nightgowns.

We all scattered as the fire department came and the dean of the school has been looking for us since (he has long since departed). It was the talk of the campus for many days, and we all took a vow that we would not spill the beans and fess up.