Unintended Consequences Of Gay Marriage Ruling

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Sheldon Scott, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I love it! Thanks for sharing this, Sheldon. The main reason I am despondent over this ruling is the fact that, once again, the Supreme Court has overridden the sovereignty of the states. People are so caught up in the emotions of it, they haven't stopped to consider that. We're on a dangerous path of lawlessness and arbitrary decision making!

3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I felt sure the ruling would come down as it did and by that I mean a close vote of the Judges, and five to four is about as close as it can get. I am wondering is there no one who objects to this Gay Marriage ruling on religious grounds? The reason for my asking is that I have friends and family on both sides of this issue. There was a time when I would have opposed such a ruling, might have felt as do some of the 2016 candidates who have expressed opposition to the ruling. However over time I have become enlightened and I can see both side of the argument. Does anyone here on this forum oppose the Gay Marriage ruling on Religious grounds and care to speak to that idea? Had I opposed this ruling it would have been on on moral and religious grounds. Thanks.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The problem is not so much one of gays being able to get married, but in the fact that the Supreme Court is declaring that there is no such thing as state's rights, and in what is to come. What is to come, very soon now, will be lawsuits filed against churches and Christian pastors who refuse to conduct gay marriages. They will also be coming after the Christian churches only, and they probably won't be coming after any of the traditionally black churches. You will see no lawsuits filed against any Islamic institutions.

5. Brittany Houser

Registered

Exactly! The Supreme Court had no right to rule as they did. As for the rest of it, I expect major institutionalized persecution of Christians to start becoming the norm in America.
    Yes Bill, I do oppose it personally on religious grounds ( Rom.1:22-26), but even if I held no Christian beliefs, I am a thinking person, and as such, I can see from a secular standpoint that boundaries have been breached.

Pat Davis likes this.
  6. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I can only hope that the Supreme Court at least takes the time to write this law carefully. That it clearly states that a same sex couple can be married in the eyes of the law but that is it. In other words the law doesn't govern over any church or their feeling on this subject. Churches and religions oppose abortion and divorce yet legally both of these can be obtained. So, the same should go for same sex marriage in my opiinion, its one thing for the law to say its all right, its another thing all together for a church to condone it. Churches should have to right to still refuse to acknowledge same sex marriage and no one should have the right to question them or take action against them. There has always been a separation of church and state, so in this situation that needs to conitnue to be the case. Its one thing for the Supreme Court to govern the laws of states but its entirely another to govern the laws of church and religion.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The Supreme Court has no business writing laws. Nor should the Administrative branch. The branch of government that is responsible for writing laws is the Legislative branch.

8. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Then it's a battle ground for every legal American of the United States. Christians may face ugly lawsuits, but hey, these are the times. Too sad, fellow humans shouldn't be enemies, but respecter of every human life and moral rights!

In a way, the legalization of same-sex marriage, under the "equal protection of the law" of 14th Amendment is a wake-up call for Christians and religious citizens to NOT allow fear, bullying and intimidation by the progressives, liberals and with this "new right-to-dignity" protests (you'd expect more). For crying out loud, what else do they demand?! Why not just leave Christians be-- as they do with Muslims and Islamists who oppose homosexual marriages?!

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/huc...onents-should-have-hate-crime-protections-too

Brittany Houser likes this.
  9. Brittany Houser

Registered

Because Avigail, it's a different battle they are fighting with us Christians! Their demands aren't based on anything rational, or as a result of anything that's been done to them by the rest of us.The root of it is absolute hatred of our God, and everything He stands for. Christians know who that hatred comes from.

Avigail David likes this.