Under The Dome

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I watched the first season of Under the Dome when it became available either on Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu, I don't remember now, and I loved it. Then there was a long wait before any new seasons were made available without extra charges. Now that the season is over, I re-watched the first season, and still enjoyed it the second time, and I intended to bing-watch the rest of the series on Amazon.com.

But after the first season, it doesn't make any sense to me. I don't sit down on a couch and watch anything, but I play it while I am working and start episodes over frequently. But with the second season, I have started some episodes over a few times, and I am unable to follow it. It's like a completely different show that also uses a dome. I might try it again one day, but I'm giving up on it for now.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I couldn't even get into the book and I tried many times. I like some of Stephen King's works and some I don't.

3. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

My grandson loved the book, but said the TV series was awful. He gave up on it too.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My daughter loved the book also, in fact shes the one that gave it to me. Must have been awhile ago because I haven't had a paperback book in years.

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I also loved the first season. I watched the rest out of loyalty, but it was as if someone re-wrote the series from a different perspective. I've often found that I like first seasons of shows, bu t in the subsequent seasons they complicate things, adding in too many extraneous characters I don't care about, and often interjecting social issues and positions I don't agree with, so I end up dropping them from my watch list.

6. Will Lawrence

Will Lawrence Veteran Member
    Registered

I, too, enjoyed the book. And, I don't read Stephen King. That one kept my interest from first page to last. Never watched the series, though.