Ugh, Snow

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Ken Anderson, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

We've just had a long range forecast for 120 days of snow starting as early as November....*ugh* I hope they're wrong.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Well hopefully you'll be retired for most of it.

3. Holly Saunders

Registered

I may well be Chrissy....or not as the case may be..

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I thought it was a done deal.

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh no not at all, it's up to me to choose if I want to or not... I would like to, and every month I say..right I'll just get this months salary in the bank and I'll retire, and every month I say...errrm...well maybe another month..

The truth is I'm scared to not be earning any more. The thought of potentially living another 30 years..unlikely..but possible..and not working or earning, fills me with horror.

Denise Evans and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross I saw that years ago, without the frame when I first googled it, Stowe Vermont is where that is!! It is lovely!!

7. Denise Evans

Registered

I love a little snow, just around Christmas time. I think I would tire of a whole lot of it, like a Winter's worth like the NE gets, or Alaska!!

I love the seasons, but I am always ready for the next one;) This is prolly the most snow I'll be seeing for awhile;)

[​IMG]

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I understand, I guess as long as you feel good...but I feel for ya! I'm not even talking about the pain but just getting up and driving in snow....

Hope the forcasters have it wrong for your sake.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That's about what I see in the winter...the snow on the mountains in Fresno. If I lived one house over I'd be able to have that view from my front window.

Denise Evans likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

That's over toward Shasta I guess from here @Chrissy Cross I've seen the Sierra's further South as well, it's very pretty;) When there is snow up thar!!

11. Denise Evans

Registered

I think about that 30 years a lot @Holly Saunders it doesn't look that bright to me so I don't want to think about it, LOL!! If I had a job I loved, I doubt I'd retire, only if I was sure I'd have enough to do some cool things to keep me busy;) I'm blessed though, should never complain. Life is what I make it, and lately, I haven't been making anything of it. I'll snap out of it though, I always do;)

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh I can imagine how it must get to you Denise, I feel for you, I really do. I've been poor and I've been not poor and I know which I prefer...and I really , really hope something comes along to make your life so much more comfortable financially..

This is the reason I'm dragging my heels with the retirement date because I'm just shy of 62 years old..and like the USA..no-one is hiring 62 year olds so even getting a little part-time job (apart from volunteering) would be next to impossible..

However, Chrissy is right..the idea of my retiring was borne out of some medical issues I've now got..and which are being made very much worse by the long arduous hours I work...so it really was my idea to retire, but with the help of meds and physio I'm trying to keep going for as long as I can..

Denise Evans likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

Sounds like a good epitaph for many of us, we kept going as long as we could;) What is it they say, old age isn't for wimps;) I wanted to add that I really don't see myself as poor. I feel that way sometimes, but I am blessed. I have all I need, and lots of what I want actually. But my tastes changed with the years, I am not materialistic so I don't miss having lots of money to buy things, that now, wouldn't mean a thing to me, or not much.

Lots more to say on that, but not here;) You'll make the right decisions for you @Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders and Honey Gee like this.
  14. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

I thought that Holly. You learn to adapt, you just budget to your means. Best thing I ever did x

15. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't mind seeing snow on a card. We don't get I here Hallelujah ;)

Ken Anderson likes this.