Ugh! Foods You Hate!

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Holly Saunders, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

What foods make you want to *barfff* at the very thought of eating them...what food do you really hate, or do you have an intolerance perhaps to some foods ?

What would you eat ONLY if you were in danger of starving to death..?

I am really quite a fussy eater so there's quite a list of foods I cannot stand...

..but first and foremost are Courgettes ( zucchini) Marrows and Dill pickles...****errrrrk***

I know those 3 are very popular in the USA but for us in the UK not so much....and I personally hate them...!!

Another thing I cannot stand is Pork (except for bacon)...the texture and the taste is just horrible regardless of how it's cooked..

Ruby Begonia and Mari North like this.
  2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

There are not many foods I hate but some things I won't eat are raw or under cooked meat. I have no use for artichokes and I always grow yellow squash instead of zucchini.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  3. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

The first thing that came to mind for me is yogurt. I just can't eat it without gagging... always been that way. I thought when Greek yogurt starting getting so popular, maybe I could eat it... and it was in soooo many low cal recipes I'd been seeing to take the place of mayo, etc. but nope... just the thought of it still gives me that same reaction.

I'm going to also "steal" ("borrow" maybe, if he's in a good mood today! :)) @Sheldon Scott 's answer about under-cooked meat... I've never been able to understand how anyone could eat meat in the "rare" stage with pink still showing. Oh my goodness, that just isn't me! :eek:

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't like lamb. Will only eat the most perfect lamb chop in a Greek restaurant. Also had a very good Greek friend who was an excellent cook and I would eat lamb at her house.

I hate milk, and the very rare time I have a bowl of cereal, I use almond milk.

Also don't like anything gamey.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  5. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Shrimp, or anything that looks like a bug.

Von Jones and Ruby Begonia like this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Bugs are delicious, Ike! Just kidding, never ate one on purpose....

7. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Cauliflowers I hate and anything pickled in vinegar, because I don't like the acid taste of vinegar. Like Chrissy I also don't like anything gamey.

Ruby Begonia and Holly Saunders like this.
  8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Very good. Permission to borrow that?

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Hehe Thanks for the memory, @Chrissy Page ! I never saw it on video before, but I remember reading that book to my daughter when she was little... always brought a giggle and an "eeeeew!" :)

10. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

The one food that comes to mind is Okra. My mother used to make it, and it made me gag just looking at it.
    I don't think that I would ever eat any bugs either .. not on purpose!

Ruby Begonia and Ike Willis like this.
  11. Will Lawrence

Will Lawrence Veteran Member
    Registered

Probably one of my biggest problems is that I will eat most anything. Really no foods that I "hate". I won't eat raw or undercooked meat. And, I am not a fan of fish or seafood.

I'm really the polar opposite of a "finniky eater". Put it out there an I'll eat it. I love extra spicy foods. And, there is little that disagrees with my stomach.

Oh, on second thought, there IS something I 'hate' the taste of. Beer. Just could never acquire a taste for it and would not drink a sip of it unless in a life-or-death situation.

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Bonnie Thomas, I don't mind okra if it's cooked in a way that gets rid of the snotty factor. :)

Von Jones and Ruby Begonia like this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I absolutely hate cauliflower as well...yuuuk!!

Can;t stand Peppers either...and I know most people love them but they make me G.A.G!!!! :eek:

Terry Page likes this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Terry and Holly, I love cauliflower and use it as a substitute for mashed potatoes.

Maybe the cauliflower in the UK is different since both of you are from there?

Again, I will mention Hungary but I couldn't get the kind of celery I was used to here...the stalk. They only had the root and although I liked it, it was slightly a different taste. I am also seeing it more here in stores, before we moved to Hungary I didn't see the root at all here.

15. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I love stuffed peppers and raw in salads but as child I pretty much hated all vegetables, and over the years grew to like them gradually, cabbage I only started eating a few years ago.

Ruby Begonia likes this.