U S Military General Talks About " Hybrid Armies".

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Yvonne Smith, May 5, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The 39th US military Chief of Staff, General Milley talks about the military of 2016 having to be prepared to deal with "hybrid armies and little green men" in his speech to the upcoming leaders.
    Is he suggesting that we will have human-robotic hybrids like the old TV hero, the Six Million Dollar Man, or maybe even some kind of animal-human hybrid soldier ? And what about "little green men", that is just as worrisome, and open to all kinds of speculation.

2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

he's talking about our force's dealing with these kinds of robots this year. I don't think so. at least ive not heard of any potential enemy using it. maybe in the future. right now our biggest asset is the drone. but I do think in the future boots on the ground could be a robot army. an army of terminators. right now we don't have the bucks for this. and our military has faced so many cuts im more worried about us going back to sticks and stone

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not a fan of cloning or messing with God's creations, other than for healing purposes. I'd prefer there were no wars, of course, but until people stop trying to take over the world and force others to do, think, believe and act the same ways they do, we're going to have to deal with wars. I don't like animals being used in warfare or law enforcement, because I don't like them getting harmed. I'd much rather robots be used for those purposes than animals or humans. I don't think any sort of hybrid is a good idea.

4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The whole problem of robotic is no guilt of killing an innocent person it is so easy to kill someone with a drone/robot and it is like a video game. We are not born with the erg to kill we need to be taught but it is a lot easier if it is on a computer. If we went back to when the president and generals lead the fight than all would change. Long as these people can sit back and have others fight their battles innocent people will die.

5. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

That is one of the most frightening things Ive heard in a long time and I don't scare easily.