Tyrant

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Tyrant is a show on FX, which is a Fox network channel. The show is in its 3rd season, and I've been watching it since the beginning. It's an interesting depiction of a Muslim middle eastern country torn apart by many of the subjects currently in the news. The main family in the show is American, but we come to find out that the father was raised in Abuddin, the country the show is about, and is part of the royal family. I don't want to give away any spoilers in case anyone wants to watch, or is watching, but behind on the current episodes. There are some twists and turns, and I think the show does a good job of fleshing out the characters and interjecting events actually unfolding in the region.

Does anyone else here watch Tyrant? If so, what do you think?

2. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't watch it. Who is in it? Someone on an online chat told me they really like Motive, which is on the USA network. I watched an episode of it, It seemed pretty good, and one show that I might want to watch a bit more often. It seemed to show some dramatic renactments. One show that is good, because it is on when AGT comes on is Contagion on the CW network. I have the old fashioned DVR though where you can not watch one show and record another. That is another reason to switch providers the chance to do that.

3. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

I found an older trailer

K E Gordon likes this.
  4. K E Gordon

Registered

Tyrant looks pretty good from the trailer. I might be looking for some new shows to watch during the Olympics..because I don't them all that enthralling. Of course my usual shows are off now. Also, CBS is off so that lets that out. I guess it will be another night of scanning the dial or more accurately pushing the remote buttons to see what is on. I suppose something palatable will turn up.

5. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

@K E Gordon Doesn't matter if it's 3 channels or 250, it is all good if you SIT REAL CLOSE...!

[​IMG]

Chris Ladewig and K E Gordon like this.
  6. K E Gordon

Registered

Well, I don't live in Japan, so I doubt I will sit real close! Plus since everybody pretty much has a big screen now...it would not be advisable!! lol. Actually my TV screen is not all that big, but big enough! It looks like you have real Fathers Knows Best or Leave It To Beaver Family on there. Ha, never had that in my house.

7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

The trailer and other information about the show was contained in my post. When you see a different colored word, that means it's a clickable link. The show is really good. It's also pretty realistic. They don't sugarcoat things or kiss up too much to the powers in the middle east, and also touch on matters such as homosexuality and how it's treated over there. Thanks for posting a link @Gary Ridenour.

8. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

To be honesr, i do not warch the show. When I saw the first promos, i was on overload regarding anything muslim due to world terrorism on the news. Would i start watching it now? No. Not interesting to me.