Typhoon Season - Classes Are Suspended

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Corie Henson, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

The Philippines is visited by more than 20 typhoons in a year and most part affected is Batanes province, the northernmost part. The culture of the island province has adapted to the typhoons for their houses are made of stone. Their crops are mostly root crops that are not so vulnerable to strong winds.

During the typhoon season, students are in jubilation whenever classes are suspended. Sometimes even just a storm can cause suspension of classes because of the anticipated floods. But sometimes the floods would be too much to handle that Metro Manila would have the evacuation areas filled to the brim. In the season of typhoons and storms, what the government can do is to prepare rescues in anticipation of a calamity while the public is always advised to be aware of the inclement weather.

We have no snow but definitely the rains and the winds can wreak more havoc than expected.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

Stay safe my friend...Hurricane season starts June 1st. and ends November 31st. Towards August and September we really have to watch it. Right now we have 4 tropical depressions, out in the Atlantic. And we have 4 spaghetti lines of possibilities where it will hit, what it will do. Right now it's projected, anywhere from Miami to the Carolina states. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Here in Hawaii we have hurricane season from Jan. to Nov. every year! LIke everywhere else we have our hurricane preparedness too. When there is a water sale people stock up constantly to make sure we have enough water always. We don't have car and our relatives live far away, so we have to rely on the bus system of evacuation if necessary. We pray a lot for according to the Bible...Matherw 1:1-6 says pray to Christ and the Almighty God to protect us from bad weather and the book Directory of Saints by Annette Sandoval lets you know about holy Saints to help protect from disasters. Put both together and you have a formula for grand protection always. We pray a lot.

[​IMG]

(image from http://www.amazon.com/The-Directory-Saints-Concise-Patron/dp/0451186869.)
    The Directory of Saints: A Concise Guide to Patron Saints.

4. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

Our tropical depressions broke up last night out in the Atlantic. Lol Pip isn't use to this living in New Mexico the past 11 years. He said, what a big commotion about it on local news. Told him it always is, us old times have learned to read between the lines.:rolleyes:

5. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

14141658_1078314152206058_5620664430792347374_n_002.jpg This is a picture taken in my driveway of the street I live on. We have had bad rains and a storm today. It's to last on and off the rest of this week. Tonight I checked in my neighbor and had to ware shrimp boots and take flashlight.