Two Men Wear Kkk Type Hoods In Supermarkets

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cody Fousnaugh, May 15, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

One was in Santee, CA (San Diego area) and Prosecutors say they will not charge the man. Even with video, they say "insufficient evidence".
    https://www.essence.com/news/santee-kkk-hood-no-charges/

I just read this morning, Friday May 15th, that a "copycat" person done the same thing in Dillon, CO.. But, law enforcement is looking for him! He had, printed on the hood, a Peace sign on left side and a swastika on the right.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...andering-Colorado-grocery-store-KKK-hood.html

Wonder what Authorities will do with the guy in Dillon, when they find him?

To me, both of these dudes need...……...well, just can't say it here, but you know what I mean. Absolutely ridiculous and hurtful to all.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Awful to read that, I doubt our Earth will ever be cleansed of evil :(

3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Sadly, those attitudes are often passed down from generation to generation. It's hard to break the cycle.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

True - schools should take up the slack in attitude

5. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Is this illegal or just in bad taste?

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It is my understanding that it is viewed as a hate crime in some states but I do not know about Colorado. A couple of weeks ago a guy did the same thing in San Diego and I guess the sheriff’s dept. was looking for him just as the cops are looking for the guy in Colorado so maybe it’s illegal in those two states.

Either way, whether a person is trying to make a statement or just playing around, it is in very poor taste and potentially dangerous. Ya know the scenario: a guy too stupid to know better gets a bullet in the head by someone who takes things a little too seriously. One man dead, one goes to prison and all over a mask.

Where we live, he probably would not have gotten 2 feet from his car wearing a hood.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

In San Diego, Bobby, prosecutors decided not to press charges. The article in Dillon stated that the guy was being looked for by law enforcement.

What both dudes done is extremely in "bad taste" and should be delt with in court.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Over here, you can't go into a supermarket wearing a hoodie - even I got stopped last year wearing my coat
    that has a hood - was asked to remove it :p

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Who knows, these days but, in a normal world, it would be in bad taste but not illegal. At a time when people are mandated to wear a cloth over their faces, this would seem to be nothing more than a poor choice in mask design. Some people are wearing extreme things as a protest against mask requirements, but that's not a direction I'd go in, although I have considered a Lone Ranger type mask.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

People do stupid stuff and a whole lot of people have bad taste even to the point of going to the very edge of what defines free speech.
    Neither fellow was infringing upon anyone else’s rights whilst exercising their own so upon what bit of legislation would those two guys be guilty of?
    It’s a given that wearing a KKK hood may be regarded as hate speech but if it is, then so is burning the American Flag but nope, it’s not illegal.

As @Patsy Faye pointed out, in some stores a person must remove a hoodie because the cameras cannot see their faces just in case that person decides to do some mischief.
    Store policies do not necessarily have to align with the law because the store is a private enterprise and private property. The stores where these gentlemen decided to go probably have a managerial discretionary policy as well as those policies that are printed at the door or cashier’s counter hence the managers telling the men to remove their hoods or leave the property.

To me, they both have a death wish but crazy people abound and the best we can do sometimes is to just leave it alone.