Twitter

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Brittany Houser, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Does anyone have a twitter account? I made one awhile back and couldn't figure out what the heck I was supposed to do with it. I went back recently and learned a few more things about it, but it's still kind of intimidating for me. At least I now know how to follow and re-tweet. LOL Anybody have any insight?

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have a Twitter account as well; but I do not use it like I do Facebook at all. While Facebook is may main way of communicating and interacting with distant friends and family, Twitter is what I use to "follow" people and information that interests me.
    As an example, I follow @realDonaldTrump, and keep up with the places he is speaking and the news from his campaign.
    I also follow people who tweet about other things that I am interested in, and those of my family who have a Twitter account.
    What I mainly use it for myself is to draw attention to something, like attracting people to the forum, for example.
    I also use it for the BzzAgent account, when they want you to advertise about the product that you are testing for them.
    I have found that it is very handy for that; but I do not have a lot of people that I follow. I am Happyflowerlady on Twitter.

3. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

HFL, I will look you up on there. I am AugustaSolis@egypt cat. LOL I follow @rDT as well.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Sifu Phil Bonifonte

Sifu Phil Bonifonte Veteran Member
    Registered

I think I have an account there - it's been so long I can't remember. Never really got into it - if I want to "follow" someone I just put on dark clothing and a hat and follow them.

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I had created a twitter account a long time ago and it seems that I had forgotten the password already. What made me inactive in twitter is the relevance. What would I post? And what would I read? It's unlike Facebook where your post is replied to. From the last I heard, twitter now has a facility to post photos just like Facebook. But I have no interest since I am not also very interested in Facebook. I only use that account to get in touch with people who are abroad particularly my relatives and friends.

6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I have an abundance of Twitter accounts. I use them for various things such as promoting my shops, following topics that interest me such as politics, the news (the real news, not the specific subjects portrayed on the mainstream media), animals, pets, nature, cooking and recipes, crafting, technical developments, and more. They've been making some changes. There are some who will have ongoing conversations on there. I used to do that, but mainly now it's where I follow/am followed by likeminded people, so we can promote one another's shops, share information we're all interested in, etc.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I too have a twitter account. I use twitter to post my books for sale or marketing my books and articles. I also use twitter to get in touch with someone or a company about a problem. I like twitter for getting in touch with elected officials. It's a real art form to put into words your concerns and needs at twitter! Like Yvonne she uses twitter to get information, me too, or get the latest for festivities or what's happening in your area for holidays like a parade or up-dates of traffic and weather is real good to use twitter for. Twitter is real handy for weather and traffic up-dates!

8. Yvonne Smith

This is another old thread that I wanted to resurrect. I have barely used my Twitter account for anything until recently, but now I really like it ! I belong to several Facebook newsgroups (which I enjoy) And they are always referencing something that they read on Twitter.
    I started looking up the references, and then reading more, and following more of the patriot and QAnon people on Twitter, as well as regular news people like Rush Limbaugh, Todd Starnes, and Eric Bolling.
    Naturally, I follow President Trump, the White House, and other twitter accounts related to President Trump.
    It seems to be a great way to get a great diversity of news, and follow one’s interests.
    Who else here uses Twitter ?

Ed Wilson likes this.
  9. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm on twitter....I use it to speak to my employees(Congress)Love that picture on twitter HFL

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I use a revolutionary new communications medium...it's called EMAIL!

It allows me to write letters to anyone I know...nothing more than this is needed!

H.P.

11. Yvonne Smith

I know it is probably useless to try and explain this to you, @Hal Pollner ; but Twitter is not a communication program like email. Email is intended for people to communicate with each other, and it is a great tool for that, especially for people who don’t use instant messaging.
    Twitter in an information-gathering website, and I access it with my iPad, but people use any kind of a computer device .
    Twitter is a program that carries all kinds of information, and you can basically just look for what you want to learn (news, science, health, astronomy, etc.), and you will see Information about that.

Most of the big-screen movie and television celebrities also use Twitter, as well as all of the important congressional and government people.
    I follow posts from President Trump, VP Pence, Rush Limbaugh, as well as a 911 channel that lists things like plane crashes, fires, explosions, and emergency news.
    I also follow channels that have reports on where the government has planes or helicopters, things that it would be almost impossible for me to easily keep up with if i didn’t use something like Twitter.

I am assuming that you have never even looked at Twitter, since you think that it is like email. Here is just a screenshot of part of a page from my Twitter feed, just to give you an idea of what it can look like.

If you just want to write letters to people you know, then email is adequate. If you want a world of information resources, then you need something more like Twitter.
    I was not suggesting that people should have it, just looking for like-minded people who use Twitter for learning new information.

845E920B-802A-4009-9DE7-AF5358A8B9B0.jpeg

12. Yvonne Smith

This is from the NORAD Twitter page, and there are lots of great videos of the newest military aircraft, as well as information from NORAD.
    The next one is pictures of Comet ATLAS, also an incredible sight to follow.
    The more things that I find here, the more I love Twitter !

E49F8092-4769-4C49-B4B0-78F59B46E5E8.jpeg 9BFF6743-9388-4F30-96DB-4AD78D99A3F1.jpeg

13. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Twitter is one of those things that I will get to someday but someday never comes. Maybe someday it will. Someday.

14. Yvonne Smith

I didn’t use it for several years after I signed up, but after I discovered how fast news is posted to Twitter, and how much information is on there, now I just really like it.
    I find new sources of information to follow all of the time, and I like that; but I realize that Twitter is not something that everyone would use like I do, or have the passion for learning things.

15. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I use it for info and to poke at politicians of several stripes.

Yvonne Smith likes this.