Turkey Day!

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Frank Sanoica, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Tomorrow or Thursday my wife wife handle all the cooking. Wednesday seems better as I have dialysis Friday early morning. She will be roasting a 13 lb. turkey in our big Sharp microwave. I'll never forget how amazed I was that first time years ago she microwaved a turkey for Thanksgiving, sliced off a chunk of breast meat for me, and it looked juicy, unlike my mother's 4-hour long roasting in the kitchen stove oven, meat so dry it needed added liquid to swallow. Not so, microwaved, juicy and delicious, 90 minutes total cook time!

We have three microwaves. Here is the little GE which came with the house.
    [​IMG]

Obviously, the turkey might fit, since it has no turntable, but height is very close:
    [​IMG]

This is the small Sharp Micro/Convection we bought new about 7 years ago, company was closing up.
    [​IMG]

It is obviously too small to spin the turkey around in, since it has the Sharp turntable:
    [​IMG]

Below is our big Sharp, bought at a garage sale, young folks moving away out of state, he did not want to haul the oven, had no idea what they had! Wanted 45 bucks, took 35! Best buy ever!
    [​IMG]

Just right for the turkey! It will sit on a metal rack, not in the glass dish shown, so dripping can fall below.
    [​IMG]

Continued when cooking!

Frank

Von Jones and Beth Gallagher like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I always liked Sharp's products. I recall their stereo equipment was budget-priced but very good quality back in the 80s. My brother had one of their dubbing decks for cassettes. I may have had one of their nukers at some point along the way.

Frank Sanoica likes this.