Trying My Luck With Orchids

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Denise Evans, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

My friend Tanya gave me 2 orchids. I've never had an orchid before, and had to read about them a bit. I also had to re-pot both because they were very root-bound.

So far so good. Well, one is doing wonderfully, but the other is struggling I think. I have good potting soil (specifically for orchids) and also orchid food;)

My one issue I am concerned about is I like a cool home, so I seldom use the heat. It's very moderate where I live on the Pacific NW Coast. I've been told orchids will do fine with out a warm place, but I guess I'll see. I'm thinking to take a picture of both, and put it on here. Then I can see how they do. I've just had them about a month now.

I'll have to look up the type of Orchids so I can let you know, denise:) PS Tanya didn't tell me what they were, and I forgot to ask. I'll ask her tomorrow, or tonight if I can catch her at home:) I think the pic is like what I have. At least that is what I think Tanya's other looked like when blooming:) They are plain white she thinks, but neither are blooming right now:)

[​IMG]

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Very pretty! I wanted to "like" your post but the function isn't there under the post...weird.

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

No problem @Chrissy Cross Yesterday I noticed the Upload a File and More Options (lower right of next to Post Reply??) was missing on my pages. Then they were both back a little later. I think the whole internet highway is traffic jammed from this election, LOL! I find Facebook having tons of issues, but yet my WIFI speedtest (speedtest.net) shows me at 50 mps downloads!! That's fast, at least it's the fastest available in this area.

Chrissy Cross likes this.