Trump's Plan To Fix The Veterans Administration

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Yvonne Smith, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Donald Trump has just released his plan to make the medical treament for our veterans get a lot better.
    Basically, the main point that I liked was that he says every veteran should be able to choose his personal doctor and hospital (if needed), rather than having to travel miles and miles to get to a VA hospital or clinic.
    He pointed out that the GI Bill allowed veterans to attend any college they wanted, and no one had to build new colleges for them to go to, and it should be the same for health care.
    Makes sense to me !

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/veterans-administration-reforms

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  2. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I appreciate this post, Yvonne. This stance makes sense to me too. I just don't understand the lack of concern and care for our veterans. They should all be acknowledged for the heroes that they are. It's a sad state of affairs when the Commander-in chief doesn't seem to have any regard for their well-being! Donald Trump WILL get my vote if the corrupt powers that be give him the nomination. I'm praying!

3. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

On one hand, Trump's passion and focus to completely change the way our Veterans are treated is way up there, but his ability to implement his ideas is of concern to me. Many people in power don't respect him enough to take him seriously with his braggadocio, sarcastic and goofy expressions, and and insults to others that are wrecking havoc with people's view of his questionable professionalism. He admitted in the debate that his wife has asked him to stop and he says he plans to. If he does, hopefully there will be time to repair his image. His wife may only be referring to insults. Trump only said that she said, "let it go".

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Eisenhower, was never totally approved of when they made him a 5 star general and commander in chief over all of the allied forces during WWII. By himself, he wasn't the best war tactician, but he was a fantastic organizer which was the only one good thing going for him so, he surrounded himself with the absolute best advisors he could muster up, and........he listened to them!

Trump, while annoying at times, has a set of organizational skills that are hard to beat. He took a lousy million bucks and turned it into billions by following the good advice of those who know how to get a job done. And, he has a no nonsense attitude that I personally admire.

At least he doesn't seem like he believes we should have all died in war instead of coming home. He wants to do something about the way we are being treated and have been since we came back to American soil.
    Some kid walking around with his pants down to his knees is more socially acceptable than a U.S.A. loving, flag waving, trained combat veteran.

In comparison, back to organizational skills, I had a friend who, on his 21st birthday, was given a million plus a going hotel in the middle of the French Quarter of New Orleans. He went broke within 2 years. Nearly every person who has hit a huge jackpot in the lottery has gone broke in a short period of time.

Trump doesn't have to do anything except say he wants this or that to be done because he has the people who can plan it out for a congressional approval, and the people who can carry it out and get the job done.

Personally, I do belive that if he gets the nod, (or before) he should pick a running mate from the other candidates and promise the rest a cabinet position when he gets elected. And if elected, fire everyone the golfer has hired and replace them with people who dearly love the U.S. and the real rule of law.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I want to give this awesome post 40 "likes".
    How do I do that, @Ken Anderson ? (just kidding, but it IS a wonderful post)

I have personally always liked Rand Paul, and would like to see Rand and Trump on the ticket; but i do not think that Rand has nearly enough support to pull in winners. Carson-Trump ticket would probably do it though. I like Carson and think that he is a great person; but I just can't see him as a leader of the country. I think he wants the best; but not sure that he could pull it off if he were President.
    I have a much better opinion of Ted Cruz than I did before this last debate, and I really liked how the candidates all stood together, and the nasty questioners could not get them like they could if they were not fighting back together.
    The only one that I really do not like is Fiorina, and hope we do not end up with her and Bush (in any order).

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Here's my opinion, for what it's worth.

The Republican elite and the big-money GOP donors are interested only in ensuring that things continue the way they are, in particular the progressive agenda. They don't care whether it's a Republican or a Democrat that leads us there. the two major political parties have been playing us as a tag team over the past few decades, if not longer. For example, George H. Bush couldn't get NAFTA through since the unions would obviously object strongly. A Democrat was needed in order to sell NAFTA so George H. Bush threw the election to Clinton, who passed NAFTA as one of his first tasks.

The Republican elite and the Democratic elite are working in concert. The only reason we have the pretense of competition is that this is what keeps Americans believing that the political process is still worth participating in, and prevents them from considering alternatives that might be more productive. Their objective in 2016 is the same as it has been for a long time, which is to yield a general election in which it doesn't matter whether the Republican or the Democrat wins, since the candidates of both political parties are sworn to follow the same agenda.

Now, to the point of this thread, we have so many Republican contenders for the nomination because the GOP elite realized that their first choice, Jeb Bush, would not be the first choice of most Republican voters. So they gave us a bunch of candidates, most of whom were well aware that the nomination was not going to be theirs, in order to split the anti-Bush vote, hopefully giving the nomination to Bush by default. I believe that this is still their hope, although they are now looking at Marco Rubio as an alternative. They weren't prepared for Bush being such a crappy candidate.

Whether our next president is Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton, Marco Rubio, or Joe Biden, we will continue along the same progressive agenda we've been traveling. Only the scenery will change. This has been true in past elections, as well. Barack Obama is taking us through the swamp, while Mitt Romney might have stayed on the paved road, but both were heading toward the same destination.

Ben Carson may or may not be aware of the role that he is playing, but he was placed there in order to act as a safety valve in the event that an unplanned contender, like Trump, gained popularity. I don't think they planned on Trump, or at least they didn't plan on his catching on as he has, but they were aware that something like that could happen. As they did with Herman Cain in the last election, if Carson is able to take out Trump, then Carson will be easily disposed of, leaving the field open for Bush or Rubio.

Trump is the wild card, and you should be able to see this in the fact that he has everyone scared, including the Republican elite, the Democratic elite, and the media. Trump is not a conservative, by any means, and he would quite likely do things that I am not in favor of, but I don't believe that Trump will follow the progressive agenda that we've been following. Given the rules changes that the RNC made in 2012, they can simply replace all of Trump's delegates with Bush delegates if they wanted to, but that may spell the end of the Republican Party, forcing them to start over with whatever might replace it.

Were they forced to accept Trump as the party's nominee, the RNC elite will give him only token support and the big money will go to the Democrat because the two major political parties are working in concert to bring this country down the road of progressivism, leading to a dissolution of the nation as we know it.

Of course, they wouldn't simply give up. Reagan may well have been a wild card, although I'm not so sure. Nevertheless, the Reagan administration found itself inundated with members of the Council on Foreign Relations. Every advisor and cabinet member that he dealt with was a member of the CFR, charged with making sure that he did not detour the progressive agenda to any great extent.

Would Trump be strong enough and aware enough to avoid the pitfalls? I don't know, but he is the only one in the race who isn't already on board with the progressive agenda. Sadly, I believe that includes Rand Paul, as evidenced by his endorsement of Mitch McConnell in 2012. I'm not sure about Cruz.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

It seems to me that Donald Trump is neatly holding on to his number 1 billing as far as popularity of presidential aspirants is concerned. So far, I don't see any shadow of a pretender so Mr. Trump is taking it easy since no real threat is posed. But I have no opinion as to what Trump will and can do when elected. I am just a fence sitter here. However, all the siblings of my husband, and their families, will be voting next year and they are inclined to vote for Trump. They said that Hillary's popularity has drastically gone down due to that issue of classified emails.