Trump's Immigration Ban Court Fight

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Chrissy Cross, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Very true @Ken Anderson.
    Obama's non sequitur proclamation of no damage to the United States by terrorists during his administration has led to an overwhelming amount of angst within our court system. Left leaning courts such as the 5th and 9th circuit somehow believe those standings and are willing to confront those who formulate defenses that differ.
    Note: similar proclamations by Clinton and Obama went uncontested by those same courts.

The real problem in this case is that while those judges can ask and do ask questions that are totally superfluous to the case but in truth, they cannot include said queries in a verdict because any evidence that might be had for or against is above their seat and in most cases even above their seeing such evidence due to their security clearance.

You and I do agree then about the conundrum I wrote of earlier. The courts do not have the power they exert but their rulings stand which is definitely unconstitutional and vary from set protocols by that same constitution.
    Perhaps the new AG, Jeff Sessions, can put in his two cents and make it stick or perhaps we do have to wait for that special Supreme Court Justice to sway the lower courts back into submission.

2. Bobby Cole

Registered

I have a belief that things will all come together but I also feel that Trump is going too fast for the new slow pace that the United States citizenry has learned to live with and indeed, now over indulges in.
    There's a reason for the axiom, "in a New York minute" which is that everything in New York City is extremely fast paced. In the business world, if you're not up and going at full bore each second of the day then you will get left behind hence the reason Trump does things the way he does.
    Even Reagan didn't travel as fast as Trump much to the chagrin of some even in the GOP but the upside of it all will be (I trust) a better, safer, and more financially secure America. When folks realize that some of the old, nearly fogotten ways still work then things will quiet down and start running in a more united way.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

During his confirmation hearings, he promised to recuse himself from immigration issues, which was also the wrong thing to do.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

This article was trending on FB a little while ago and I hope it's true. This time hopefully he will make his new Executive order Court proof! ;)

Trump considering new order on immigration

[​IMG]
    Associated Press
    21 hrs ago

President Donald Trump says that he's considering signing a new executive order on immigration as the one he signed suspending the nation's refugee program and barring citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries is held up in court.

Trump tells reporters aboard Air Force One on his way to Florida that he's confident he'll win his court battle.

But he says, "we also have a lot of other options, including just filing a brand new order."

He adds: "We need speed for reasons of security. So it could very well be that we do that."

Trump says a new order would likely change "very little" from the first and says he'll likely act next Monday or Tuesday.

He adds of his decision: "I'd like to surprise you."

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Never thought of it like that but you're right, Trump is USED to the fast pace of the business world and things in Washington take years...

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Well some promises are just meant to be broken especially when you don't know all the facts when you make a promise. It's better to admit he made a mistake in making a promise when he didn't know all the facts, then to keep a promise that will only bring harm instead of good.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

You definitely "hit the nail on the head" with this post @Bobby Cole.:) I think our new President will slow down some but not enough to give the "nitwits" a chance to stop him from doing his best to keep the promises he made to "we the people". Trump knows even four years won't be enough to "undo" the damage done by all those "nitwits"!

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

harrison ford.jpg
    Well this says it all for me! :)

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

For some reason I thought Harrison Ford was anti Trump...guess not.

10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

So did I ! :confused:

11. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

They made a correct call even if some people did not like it. If gave Trump all the changes he needs to write another so it is a win win for Trump. Also now he can go to the people and say I did everything to keep you safe and [They] do this to you. Trump wins all the way.

12. Bobby Cole

Registered

I understand what you are saying @Martin Alonzo but it is frustrating to some extent.
    It isn't whether or not the courts made a correct call, but that they feel they are allowed to make any call at all.
    Anyone can give an opinion one way or the other and gain some margin of respect for that opinion but when it is called jurisprudence and somehow over rides existing laws then it's another story all together.

In truth, the courts had no "right" to pass any verdict in any way shape or form but the state department agreed with those unrighteously obtained verdicts. It's a cycle whereby the state department has evidence to the contrary of the opinions of the courts but cannot supply said evidence due to it's nature in regard to public and national security. The courts, with no evidence to prove otherwise has made a statement that national security is not nor has been risked by allowing unvetted migrants from 7 terrorist laden countries. The state department says "good enough" and around and around it goes.
    On top of that, the courts have deemed that even those people from other countries that have never even set foot on American soil are accorded protection under the constitution of the United States. The same protection that is only meant for and given to actual Citizens of the U.S.

Protocol has not been followed, false claims have been uttered and the media and unknowing citizenry are falling prey to a lot of unorthodox rulings.

Yes, I do believe Trump is going to win and it will be a win for the citizenry of America whether some believe it or not but I also believe (and know constitutionally) that this problem should have never gone this route.

13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

The Harrison Ford quote is fake, as are a lot of quotes found on memes. Ford has said things critical of Trump, particularly his immigration policies.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yeah, that's what I thought and remember.

15. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Ben Stein says MSM Coup D’état! WOW!, 1494